An Evolving Data Center Landscape
The rise of connected technologies and the changing patterns of our day-to-day lives is driving significant change
in the data center landscape. As data centers of all types and sizes evolve to support the ever-increasing demand
and volume of data, the industry is experiencing the following key trends:
- Increased cloud adoption, hyperscale investment, and the growth of colocation and managed services provision.
- Implementation of data center interconnect (DCI) technology, distributed cloud, and full-mesh switch fabric architecture in highly virtualized environments.
- Migration to 400/800G Ethernet with low-latency 50/100G per second (Gb/s) server connections and cost-effective aggregation.
- 5G and Edge data center buildouts on premises, at access/cellular sites and within central offices and colocation spaces.
- Greater focus on reducing costs and improving operational efficiency, sustainability, and security via a range of innovations such as: white-box networking, software-defined networking, and automation.
Now more than ever you need to have a network infrastructure that:
- You can trust, that is secure, adaptable, and resilient
- Allows you to evolve quickly to meet changing business requirements
- Supports change at speed, rationalizes costs and simplifies business operations
- Empowers your teams to work more efficiently and deliver more effective outcomes
At Siemon we pride ourselves on our engineering heritage, innovation, and our data center pedigree. We’ve taken this passion and focused it into our portfolio of Advanced Data Center solutions that have been designed from the ground up to support your data center requirements for now and the future.
The Road to 400G and Beyond
While enterprise data centers are just starting to adopt 100G speeds for switch uplinks, industry standards and equipment for 400G applications are now available. These speeds are still a few years out for many enterprise data centers but are already rapidly gaining ground across large hyperscale and cloud providers who define the market and propel technology advancements that ultimately will trickle down to the enterprise in years to come.
These trendsetters are already pushing speeds to 800 Gigabit and working to develop fiber optic technologies that enable the viability of future 1.6 and 3.2 Terabit speeds. Industry standards aren’t far behind with the IEEE Beyond 400 Gb/s Ethernet Study Group already defining physical objectives for both 800 Gigabit and 1.6 Terabit fiber optic applications.
Take a deep-dive into the applications, trends and technologies driving the adoption of 400/800G as well as key industry insights that will help you prepare your own organization for the road ahead. begin your journey to 400G and 800G today
Whether you’re a service provider entrusted with multiple clients’ IT and delivering on SLAs, or an organization investing in Digital Transformation to accelerate your business, your ability to thrive and grow is only as good as your data center’s underlying network infrastructure. Your data center’s cabling infrastructure is at the very core of meeting internal and external customer expectations for top-level availability and performance. Your teams also need worry-free uptime, reliability, and scalability assurance so they can focus not on what it takes to become digital, but on what it takes to be successful.
How Can Our Data Center Services Support You?
We’ve focused our data center expertise into a global service network, designed to guide you through the process of selecting and designing the underlying physical infrastructure you need to realize the full potential of your data center, while offering you the on-going support you need to respond quickly to changing needs, prevent downtime and maintain peak performance.
Visit our Data Center Services page to learn how Siemon can support your organization to harness the true potential of your data center environment(s)
It All Starts With A Great Data Center Design
Network Infrastructure You Can Trust
At Siemon we pride ourselves on our engineering heritage, innovation, and our data center pedigree. We’ve taken this passion and focused it into our portfolio of Advanced Data Center Solutions which have been designed from the ground up to support your data center requirements for now and the future. All backed-up by Siemon’s industry-leading quality, performance, and reliability they combine to help you reduce risk, maximize uptime and successfully deliver new applications and services.