Your Rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act/California Privacy Rights Act
Your Rights and Choices
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that The Siemon Company (“Siemon”) disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past twelve (12) months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, Correction, and Deletion Rights below), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information for cross-context behavioral advertising.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and,
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
You have the right to request that Siemon delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, Correction and Deletion Rights below), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech protect the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
You have the right to request that we correct inaccurate personal information about you. We will take into account the nature of the personal information and the purposes of the processing of the personal information in responding to your request. We will process your request if we receive a verifiable request and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to correct the inaccurate personal information as directed pursuant to the CCPA/CPRA.
Your Right to Limit the Use of Sensitive Personal Information
You have the right, at any time, to direct us to limit our use of your sensitive personal
Information only to that use which is necessary to perform the services or provide the goods reasonably expected or to fulfill the reason that we collected such information and/or other permissible business purposes. Please note that if we collect any sensitive personal information, we do not use or disclose your sensitive personal information for purposes other than to provide you with products and/or services. However, note that this information may be used, or disclosed to a service provider or contractor pursuant to a written agreement in order to provide such products and/or services. If you choose to limit such use, you can opt-in to such use again by contacting us via email. Note that this right does not apply to ssensitive personal information that is collected or processed without the purpose of inferring characteristics about you.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, Correction and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, correction and/or deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by:
Calling us at 1-860-945-4200
Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. For all requests, if the information is not already included on the form or website, it is helpful to put the statement “California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, describe the nature of your request, and provide your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In your request, you need to provide enough information that allows us to reasonably verify that you are the person that we collected information about. We will not require you to incur any costs or fees in order to process or provide a verifiable request.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We will confirm receipt of a verifiable consumer request within ten (10) business days and provide information about how we will process the request.
We will provide a response to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) calendar days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 45 calendar days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance, specifically in a Microsoft Word or Microsoft Excel format.
Personal Information Sale/Share Opt-Out and Opt-In Rightsand Your Choices related to Cross-Context Behavioral Advertising
While individuals have the right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information or sharing of their personal information for cross-context behavioral advertising under applicable state laws, we do not sell, or share for cross-context behavioural advertising, personal information nor do we use your information for purposes other than as permitted by law and/or essential business purposes, and therefore, we have not included a “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information” link or a “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information for Cross-Context Behavioral Advertising” on our website nor do we offer a form for consumers to opt-out of the sale or sharing (for cross-context behavioural advertising) of personal information. If our practices change, we will update this Notice and take any other necessary action to comply with applicable law.
Additionally, we do not intend to market to any individual under the age of 16, and we expressly prohibit, anyone under the age of 16 from disclosing or submitting any personal information to us through our Site or other means. Therefore, we do not sell, share for cross-context behavioural advertising or use any information of any individual under the age of 16.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights. Unless permitted by law, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.