Posted: Oct 25, 2023, 11:18 AM
Department: Plant Engineering
Country: United States
This position is responsible for providing an intermediate level of expertise in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing emergency and preventive maintenance and repairs on the building and production equipment and systems in a manufacturing environment.
Working under minimal supervision as a member of a self-directed work team, this is a multi-craft position that may perform machine repairs and general non-licensed maintenance work, as well as support other licensed trades as directed. Requires good working knowledge of all types and applications of equipment pertaining to maintenance and operations.
The General Plant Mechanic must have the ability to identify and correct any safety-related issues and perform independent equipment evaluations to identify potential equipment failures. Provide instruction and assistance to other technicians as needed.
- High school/trade school diploma or equivalent.
- 3-5 years’ maintenance experience or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience in industrial mechanical machine repair, repair of automotive or agricultural equipment.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Commercial or industrial facilities.
- Computer Maintenance Management System.
- Microsoft Office software (i.e., Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Troubleshooting and repairing industrial facility mechanical equipment, including commercial or industrial pumps and motors, coupling installations and alignment.
- Basic knowledge of pneumatic & hydraulic systems and plumbing.
- Ability use measurement equipment, such as calipers and micrometers