AV Solutions for the present, and future
Over the past decade, many AV applications like video and projection displays, video conferencing and digital signage have shifted to connecting via copper and fiber LAN cabling. This is due to more systems converging onto a common cabling infrastructure
and the introduction of applications like HDBaseT™ that support the transmission of ultra-high definition 4K video and audio along with 100 Mb/s Ethernet-based communication, USB, bidirectional control signals and 100W of power over a single
twisted-pair cable for distances up to 100 meters using standard 8P8C (RJ45) connectivity.
Today, even more AV applications are leveraging network cabling and Internet Protocol (IP), including Software Defined Video over Ethernet (SDVoE) that supports uncompressed 4K video, audio, control and 1 Gb/s Ethernet-based communication over standards-based
network cabling and equipment, and the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE) 2110 standard that defines the uncompressed transmission of HD video over IP.
Our full range of copper and fiber cabling systems have the performance and reliability to ensure a clear picture for the latest AV applications.
High Performance AV System Cabling
While HDBaseT can be supported to shorter lengths using Category 6 twisted-pair cabling, equipment vendors all recommend a minimum of Category 6A to support the bandwidth required for 4K signals and reach the full 100-meter distance, with most recommending Category 6A or 7A shielded cabling. SDVoE requires a minimum of Category 6A to support 10 Gb/s transmission speeds. These systems are also supported by singlemode or multimode fiber cabling for enhanced bandwidth and greater distances.
- Full offering of Category 5e, 6, 6A and 7A cables that offer the highest performance margins across all critical transmission parameters, including alien crosstalk that can significantly impact video signals.
- Category 6A and 7A shielded cables qualified to a higher operating temperature of 75°C (167°F) for better heat dissipation to support remote powering applications like power over HDBaseT (POH) and power over Ethernet (PoE) that can be used for powering today’s video displays.
- Category 7A shielded cables with a 50% reduction in delay skew versus Category 6A offer improved control over skew that can cause jitter and performance issues for high resolution video signals, particularly at longer distances.
- Wide range of multimode and singlemode fiber cables, cable assemblies, enclosures, jumpers, pigtails and field termination systems to support everything from backbone to video display connections.
Flexible, Efficient AV Connections
Siemon offers a range of copper and fiber connectivity solutions for devices used in HDBaseT, SDVoE and other video applications – everything from patch panels at the switch/hub to outlets, fiber adapters, equipment cords and plugs for connecting video displays, controllers and other AV devices.
- Z-PLUG® field-terminated plug enables custom-length cables that can be terminated on site for quick, direct connections to AV displays, eliminating the need for unsightly outlets and equipment cords – and it can terminate to shielded and
UTP, solid and stranded cable in conductor sizes from 22 to 26 gauge all with a single part number, including Category 5e, 6, 6A and 7A. Order your Z-PLUG sample...
- Z-MAX® outlets that can be mounted in a wide range of MAX® faceplates, adapters, surface mount boxes and patch panels offer best-in-class performance via a patented IDC contact design that minimizes alien crosstalk for enhanced video transmission
and quick, easy termination to Category 6, 6A and 7A cables.
- Cost-effective LightBow™ Fiber Termination System is ideal for fiber AV connections, enabling greater bandwidth and distances for ultra-high-definition video via singlemode and multimode LC and SC connectors that are quickly and easily terminated
or reterminated using an innovative lightweight fiber termination tool that anyone can learn to use.
- MAX fiber adapter modules available in simplex and duplex ST and SC style and duplex LC are compatible with all MAX series faceplates, modular furniture adapters, surface mount boxes and patch panels.
- MAX HDMI Adapter Extender Cable offers an easy pass-through connection for extending cables from LCD projectors, monitors and smart screens to an HDMI interface mounted in a Siemon MAX series faceplate.
Superior AV Equipment and Cabling Support
Siemon offers a wide range of power distribution units (PDUs), racks, cabinets, enclosures, fiber connectivity, cable management and accessories for supporting AV equipment, patching fields and network connections for any AV deployment.
- A wide range of 2- and 4-post racks, free-standing cabinets and wall-mount cabinets in various sizes and colors provide a stable platform for housing and protecting AV equipment and connections.
- Zone enclosures support intermediate fiber and copper connection points in the ceiling space, on the wall or below and access floor, enabling shorter links from the zone enclosure to local AV devices and displays for more flexible and cost-effective moves, adds and changes.
- PowerMax™ PDUs range from basic and metered to a full line of intelligent PDUs for cost-effective power distribution to and both on-site and remote monitoring of AV equipment.
- Vertical and horizontal cable managers and routing systems provide superior protection for copper and fiber AV cables and patch cords.
- A full range of accessories from solid or vented shelves for supporting non-rack-mounted AV equipment, to rear cable managers, brackets, brush guards, blanking panels and more.