Over the past decade, the security and surveillance industry has evolved to IP-based cameras, access control and intrusion detection devices due to easier installation, improved integration capabilities, higher resolution, enhanced intelligence and analytics, remote access and the ability to power devices using remote powering technologies like power over Ethernet (PoE). In fact, IP security cameras now dominate the security market.
IP-based security solutions can communicate with each other for a higher level of security, integrate with other IP-based building systems and be accessed over a single platform from anywhere anytime via the Internet. For instance, with IP-based security, video analytics can identify a threat and communicate directly with the access control system to lock the doors and send an alert to remote security personnel.
Siemon offers a full range of copper and fiber cabling and support systems to meet low- and high-bandwidth security applications, provide superior support for PoE and effectively connect security end devices.
High Performance Security Camera Cabling
IP-based surveillance cameras, access control readers, door controllers, detectors and other security devices connect to the network via balanced twisted-pair cabling, with shielded Category 6A providing superior support for PoE and future systems. These systems are also supported by singlemode or multimode fiber cabling for enhanced bandwidth and greater distances.
- Full offering of indoor and outdoor Category 5e, 6, 6A and 7A cables that offer the highest performance margins across all critical transmission parameters.
- Category 6A GT and Category 6A and 7A shielded cables qualified to a higher operating temperature of 75°C (167°F) for better heat dissipation to support PoE used for powering today’s IP-based security devices.
- Wide range of multimode and singlemode fiber cables, cable assemblies, enclosures, jumpers, pigtails and field termination systems to support everything from backbone to extended distance connections such as vehicle access control and remote cameras.
Security Camera Cabling Efficient, Secure Connections
Siemon offers a range of copper and fiber connectivity solutions for IP-based security systems – everything from patch panels at the switch to outlets, equipment cords and plugs for connecting cameras, access control readers, door controllers and detectors.
- Z-PLUG® field-terminated plug enables custom-length cables that can be terminated on site for quick, direct connections to devices, improving security by eliminating unsightly outlets and equipment cords that can be easily disconnected. The low-profile plug with rounded edges and the ability to eliminate the boot and latch protector make it easy to fit into devices with limited space. Z-PLUG can terminate to shielded and UTP, solid and stranded cable in conductor sizes from 22 to 26 gauge all with a single part number, including Cat 5e, Cat 6, Cat 6A and Cat 7A.
- Z-MAX® outlets that can be mounted in a wide range of MAX faceplates, adapters, surface mount boxes and patch panels offer best-in-class performance via a patented IDC contact design and quick, easy termination.
- Cost-effective LightBow™ Fiber Termination System is ideal for fiber connections, enabling greater bandwidth and distances for remote security devices via singlemode and multimode LC and SC connectors that are quickly and easily terminated or reterminated using an innovative lightweight fiber termination tool.
- MAX® fiber adapter modules available in simplex and duplex ST and SC style and duplex LC are compatible with all MAX series faceplates, modular furniture adapters, surface mount boxes and patch panels.
Superior Security Equipment and Cabling Support
Siemon offers a wide range of power distribution units (PDUs), racks, cabinets, enclosures, cable management and accessories for supporting network switches, DVRs, servers and storage equipment for any security system deployment.
- A wide range of 4-Post and 2-post racks, free-standing cabinets and wall-mount cabinets in various sizes and colors provide a stable platform for housing and protecting equipment and connections.
- Zone enclosures support intermediate fiber and copper connection points in the ceiling space, on the wall or below and access floor, enabling shorter links from the zone enclosure to local security cameras, access control readers, door locks, detectors and other devices.
- PowerMax™ PDUs range from basic and metered to a full line of intelligent PDUs for cost-effective power distribution to switches and security equipment.
- Vertical and horizontal cable managers and routing systems provide superior protection for copper and fiber cables and patch cords.
- A full range of accessories from cable managers, brackets, brush guards, blanking panels to solid or vented shelves for supporting non-rack-mounted security equipment such as monitoring stations.