With a wide range of indoor and indoor/outdoor fiber cable types, cable assemblies, enclosures, jumpers, pigtails and field termination systems, Siemon’s fiber optic cabling systems are ideal for everything fiber—from the backbone to the desk.
Siemon XGLO Fiber Optic Cabling Systems utilize bend-insensitive laser-optimized multimode fiber and advanced bend-insensitive singlemode fiber to support the very latest fiber applications. Included in the XGLO family is Siemon’s innovative LC BladePatch® Uniboot Fiber Assemblies that ease access and removal in high-density environments and the LightBow™ Fiber Termination System that significantly reduces termination time and improves performance.
For companies that do not yet require speeds beyond 10 Gb/s, but still need a quality legacy fiber system to support Gigabit Ethernet applications, LightSystem 62.5 multimode fiber cable and assemblies are an ideal solution.
LC BladePatch Uniboot Innovation
A unique solution for high-density fiber optic patching environments, Siemon's LC BladePatch uniboot duplex assemblies provide superior performance for multimode and singlemode fiber applications. They feature a revolutionary and innovative push-pull boot design to control the latch, enabling easy access and removal in tight-fitting areas and a smaller-diameter cable design that reduces cable pathway congestion, improving air flow and increasing energy efficiency while simplifying overall cable management.
- Patented rotating latch design (multimode and UPC singlemode) allows for easy polarity changes in the field while eliminating potential fiber damage as only the latch rotates during polarity changes, rather than the entire connector. It also clearly indicates if a polarity change has been made. The low-profile boot design also optimizes side-stackability
- Available in multimode and singlemode (UPC and APC) jumpers as well as LC BladePatch to LC BladePatch trunks and MTP to LC BladePatch trunks as a cost-effective alternative for a wide range of patching configurations and distances.
To see the push-pull activation and field polarity capabilities, watch the LC BladePatch video below:
Fiber Enclosures, Management and Support
Siemon offers a wide range of rack-mount and wall-mount fiber enclosures and panels to support a wide range of densities and applications using a variety of modules and adapter plates.
- The Rack Mount Interconnect Center (RIC3) comes in 96-port (2U), 144-port (2U), 192-port (3U) and 288-port (4U) versions and is compatible with Quick-Pack™ adapter plates and modules, offering superior accessibility, cable management, port identification and security. They are also available preloaded with adapters and pigtails for patch and splice applications.
- The Wall Mount Interconnect Center (SWIC3) is a cost-effective, low-profile fiber enclosure designed to manage and protect fibers in areas where wall space is a premium. It accepts Siemon’s Quick-Pack adapter plates and comes in a variety of sizes including the mini SWIC3.
- RIC 19-inch rack mount fiber panels available in 1 and 4 RU sizes accept Quick-Pack fiber adapter plates and modules can be installed in racks, cabinets and enclosures to support various fiber applications in data centers, LANs and passive optical networks.
- Siemon’s Fiber Connect Panels (FCP3-DWR and FCP3-RACK) accept Quick-Pack adapter plates and economically connect, protect, and manage up to 72 fibers in 1U (up to 288 fibers with MTP to MTP adapters)
Siemon offers a wide range of singlemode and multimode fiber cable types, epoxy-polish and adhesive termination systems, work-area solutions and accessories for full end-to-end fiber optic cabling systems from the service provider to the data center to the desk.
- Fiber cable offering includes a wide range of OM1, OM3, OM4 multimode and OM1/OM2 singlemode indoor, indoor/outdoor and OSP cables, including tight buffer, loose tube and armored cable constructions
- Siemon offers simplex and duplex SC, LC and ST epoxy-polish singlemode and multimode connectors and a LightSpeed termination kit with all the tools required for termination in a rugged canvas carrying case.
- Fiber work-area solutions include Siemon MAX fiber adapter modules that are compatible with all MAX series faceplates, modular furniture adapters, surface mount boxes and patch panels, as well as a low-profile MUTOA that accommodates up to 36 fiber ports and a fiber outlet box (FOB2) with slide-in fiber bezels for FTTD applications.
- Simple-to-use fiber cleaning tools for MTP, LC and SC fiber connectors, as well as a visual fault locator (VFL), cleaver, strippers, scissors and more are also available for all your fiber preparation needs
Cable, Traditional Field-Termination, Work Area Solutions and Accessories
Ideal for supporting duplex and simplex fiber applications over extended distances and next-generation backbones, XGLO and LightSystem jumpers and pigtails feature premium fiber and a superior connector polish that meets stringent industry specifications for end-face geometry and insertion loss and return loss requirements.
- Available in duplex and simplex for OM1, OM3, OM4, 0S1/OS2 fiber types with angled polish APC singlemode option for FTTX, PON, CATV LAN and WAN
- Bulk pack pigtails are color coded and come in convenient protective plastic bulk packaging that reduces waste
- Mini-LC duplex multimode cable assemblies are designed to operate with the Mini SFP (mSFP) transceiver and enable a higher density deployment of active devices