Exceeding ISO/IEC category 7A/class FA specifications, Siemon’s fully shielded end-to-end TERA Cat 7A cabling solution delivers 10 Gb/s performance and beyond, offers a bandwidth of 1.2 GHz per pair, supports cable sharing and is validated for TEMPEST high-security government applications.
3rd Party Tested for Superior Performance and Security
The TERA® system is 3rd party tested to deliver superior 1.2 GHz per pair performance for 10 Gb/s applications and beyond.
- Virtually immune to alien crosstalk and internal crosstalk, far exceeding 10GBASE-T requirements
- EMI/RFI protection for noisy environments and TEMPEST rated for high-security applications
Innovative Cable Sharing Capabilities
The TERA connector’s isolated quadrant contact design is backwards compatible with lower category cabling via hybrid patch cords and provides innovative standards-based cable sharing capabilities.
- Simultaneously supports multiple lower-speed applications over a single cable from a single outlet, providing significant cost and pathway savings
- Accepts a 4-pair patch cord, two 2-pair patch cords or four 1-pair patch cords, including hybrid patch cords
Powerful Solution for Today’s Converged Networks
The TERA outlets are easily installed in Siemon’s TERA-MAX® patch panels, while the plugs can be used to terminate 22 to 23 AWG solid or stranded S/FTP and F/FTP shielded cables into exact lengths. Slim, compact design with hinged outlet door to prevent dust and other contaminates from entering unused outlets and a simple termination process that ensures proper termination of the shield with no additional grounding processes required
TERA’s fully shielded construction delivers better performance for today’s converged networks for next generation high-speed data and PoE applications
- Mechanically rated for operation up to 75°C (167°F) for superior heat dissipation
- Supports 10 Gb/s PoE applications to 100 meters with no insertion loss length derating
- Enhances RGB video transmission due to minimal propagation delay skew