Current 40 and 100 gigabit (Gb/s) multimode fiber applications, as well as future 200 and 400 Gb/s multimode and singlemode applications, are based on 8 optical fibers with 4 fibers transmitting and 4 receiving at either 10 Gb/s or 25 Gb/s. Siemon’s Base 8 Plug-and-Play Fiber Systems, part of Siemon’s Advanced Fiber Cabling Solutions, provides the simplest, most seamless transition from duplex 10 Gb/s to current and future 8-fiber applications to 400 Gig.
Siemon’s Base 8 systems includes enclosures, modules, adapters, trunk assemblies and jumpers to provide complete end-to-end 8-fiber systems, enabling 100% fiber utilization without the need for conversion cords or modules in 40/100 Gb/s applications and beyond.
High-Density FCP3 Fiber Connect Panel
Designed to integrate with high-density FCP3 fiber plug-and-play multimode and singlemode modules and adapter plates, the HD FCP3 panel economically connects, protects and manages up to 96 fibers within 1 rack mount unit.
- Fiber drawer slides to the front and rear for maximum access to fiber connections
- Recessed modules provide a high-capacity jumper management zone that helps maintain proper fiber bend radius
- Designed for simple, snap-in deployment of LC to MTP FCP3 Plug-and-Play modules and LC and MTP adapter plates
Base 8 Assemblies, Trunks, and Jumpers
- Available in low-loss multimode and singlemode, Base 8 MTP trunk assemblies can be quickly routed and connected modules and MTP adapter plates
- All Siemon MTP trunks, jumpers and hybrid cords are also available with MTP Pro connectors that offer easy pin and polarity changes in the field to eliminate the time and delays associated with reordering due to polarity and gender miscalculations and reconfigurations.
- Features Siemon's smaller diameter RazorCore™ fiber that reduces cable congestion and improves air flow, while enabling just a 2mm MTP jumper for connections to active equipment
- Hybrid assemblies offer an alternative to modules for support of 10 Gb/s and include 4 X 10G Base 8 MTP to LC BladePatch® uniboot assemblies with innovative push-pull latch activation for easy access in tight-fitting areas.