Siemon’s end-to-end TERA Category 8.2 copper cabling system was founded on our Siemon TERA connector that was originally chosen as the ISO/IEC 11801 interface for category 7A/Class FA and easily achieved new Category 8.2 compliance. The TERA connector when combined with Siemon’s category 8.2 S/FTP 2000 MHz cable and patch cords delivers a complete end-to-end system that exceeds ISO/IEC category 8.2/Class II specifications for 2-connector, 30-meter Class II channels for 25 and 40 Gig switch-to-server applications in the data center.
The TERA Category 8.2 system supports autonegotiation and is backwards compatible to support copper-based Ethernet applications from 1 to 40 Gig in a variety of configurations. The system provides enhanced internal and alien crosstalk and insertion loss performance over Category 8/8.1 RJ45-based systems.
Innovative TERA Outlet
Originally designed as the interface for category 7A/class FA that has long been ahead of its time as the highest-performing twisted-pair copper cabling system available, Siemon’s innovative TERA outlet has been newly characterized to support Category 8.2.
- When installed as part of a TERA 8.2 solution, these outlets and plugs deliver transmission performance up to 2 GHz to support two-connector, 30-meter channels in high-speed 25 Gigabit (25GBASE-T) and 40 Gigabit (40GBASE-T) data center applications
- The TERA outlets are easily installed in Siemon’s TERA-MAX® patch panels, while the plugs can be used to terminate 22 to 23 AWG solid or stranded S/FTP and F/FTP shielded cables into exact lengths.
- Slim, compact design with hinged outlet door to prevent dust and other contaminates from entering unused outlets and a simple termination process that ensures proper termination of the shield with no additional grounding processes required
Patch Cords Options for Any Data Center Architecture
Siemon’s Tera 8.2 system includes TERA-to-RJ45 patch cords for use in 2-connector switch-to-server connections in end of row (EoR) and middle of row (MoR) data center architectures. The system also includes a Category 8 compatible RJ45-to-RJ45 patch cord for direct attach server connections in a top of rack (ToR) deployment.
- Constructed of Category 8.2 S/FTP 2000 MHz cable, TERA Category 8.2 patch cords are backwards compatible with Category 7A/Class FA and lower cabling systems
- TERA-to-RJ45 and RJ45-to-RJ45 patch cords allow the TERA Category 8.2 system to be easily connected to RJ45-equipped active electronics in MoR, EoR and ToR data center deployments
- Removable color clips available in 9 colors allow field color coding to distinguish applications
Category 8.2 E20 Cable
Siemon's Category 8.2 cable exceeds the transmission performance requirements of IEC 61156-9 up to 2000 MHz to support 30-meter Class II channels in IEEE 802.3bq 25 Gb/s (25GBASE-T) and 40 Gb/s (40GBASE-T) applications in the data center.
- Fully shielded S/FTP cable features individual foils around each pair and a high screen coverage outer braid to provide superior noise immunity and coupling attenuation performance
- Qualified for mechanical reliability in high temperature environments up to 75°C
- Available in CMR and LS0H (IEC 60332-3-22) ratings
Preterminated Trunking Assemblies for Fast Deployment
TERA 8.2 pre-terminated trunking cable assemblies provide an easily installed and cost effective alternative to individual field-terminated channels with pre-terminated outlets that snap easily into TERA-MAX patch panels.
- Combines factory terminated and tested TERA 8.2 outlets with Siemon Category 8.2 cable in a high-performance modular cable assembly
- Each assembly is coded with a unique identification number with each leg designated for proper orientation
- Features six-leg, doubled-ended design with a high-strength closed mesh sheath for snag-free pulling