Data Center Efficiency & Thermal Management
With energy costs continuing to rise, Siemon's VersaPOD system has been designed to control air flow to maximize thermal management and efficiency without sacrificing equipment and cabling density.
- 1 VERTICAL EXHAUST DUCT (Chimney)
- Passively directs the hot exhaust heat from active equipment vertically into the return air space to increase HVAC efficiency. Can be field extended to a range of ceiling heights.
- 2 VERTICAL CABLE MANAGEMENT TRAYS
- Up to 8 trays can be installed between each set of bayed cabinets to isolate air flow from cabinet to cabinet while facilitating routing and slack management of cabling.
- 3 PROPER CABLE MANAGEMENT
- By moving cables out of the horizontal equipment mounting areas and away from equipment cooling fans, VersaPOD improves overall airflow and cooling efficiency.
- 4 HIGH-FLOW DOORS
- Front and rear doors enable over 71% airflow to ensure proper hot aisle/cold aisle circulation. Split rear doors require smaller opening clearance, maximizing user access in shallow hot aisles.
- 5 OPEN FLOOR ACCESS
- Each VersaPOD unit has a completely open base, enabling maximum air flow and routing of cabling into or out of raised floor pathway systems.
- 6 INTEGRATED ISOLATION PANELS
- At the base and top of the cabinet prevents internal recirculation of air within cabinet to optimize thermal efficiency