- Performance markings should be provided to show the applicable performance category. These markings do not replace safety markings.
- Services with incompatible signal levels should be partitioned into separate binder groups. Guidelines for shared sheaths are provided in Annex B of '568-B.1.
- Transmission requirements are equivalent to horizontal cables except that hybrid requirements apply when multiple cable units are contained within the same sheath.
- Note: Tip conductors have colored insulation that corresponds to that of the binder group. Ring conductors have colored insulation that corresponds to that of the pair.
- Backbone twisted-pair cables consist of solid 0.51mm (24 AWG) cables that contain more than four pairs (typically multiples of 25-pairs are used). An overall shield is optional.
- Color-coding (specified by reference to ICEA: see chart below).