For Immediate Release
Siemon Improves Network Visibility, Monitoring and Management with EagleEye™ Connect Software
April 15, 2015. Watertown, CT — Siemon, a leading global network infrastructure specialist, is pleased to announce EagleEye™ Connect, an automated infrastructure management (AIM) software solution that automatically monitors and documents physical layer connections and device status for unparalleled network visualization, improved network security, better management of IT assets, reduced downtime and increased staff productivity.
As the central interface for Siemon's MapIT® G2 Automated Infrastructure Management System, EagleEye™ Connect is a server-based software solution that collects, monitors and stores network intelligence data from innovative MapIT G2 Master Control Panels and Smart Patch Panels available in Category 6 UTP, Category 6A F/UTP and UTP, and Category 7A F/STP for copper patch panels, and in singlemode and multimode MTP-to-LC and LC-to-LC enclosures for fiber.
EagleEye Connect software includes the following user-friendly set of network management features:
- Navigation tree showing hierarchical relationship of all network assets down to the port and device level
- Realistic graphical views of floors with device locations and front and back views of racks with patch connections
- Graphical end-to-end circuit traces from the switch port to the end device
- Real-time database with auto-discovery to automatically maintain updated inventory
- 24/7 monitoring and alerts of unauthorized connection/disconnections and movement of IT equipment and devices
- Efficient work order management for creating, assigning, managing and tracking work orders
"With security a top concern and downtime primarily caused by IT personnel making errors when configuring changes, today's IT leaders need nonstop monitoring of all IT assets and methods to improve accuracy and productivity," says Tony Veatch, Siemon's director of product management. "We have designed EagleEye™ Connect with enhanced security features that prevent loss of data and help to ensure compliance with security regulations like HIPAA and Sarbanes Oxley. That combined with the ability to speed response time and improve accuracy of moves, adds and changes significantly reduces downtime and operating expense. The software's ability to document network assets in real time also allows our customers to maximize utilization of their switch ports and rack space for reduced capital expense."
Included in the EagleEye™ Connect Software is a comprehensive reporting function that facilitates planning for growth or changes, including inventory and capacity reports to show available ports and rack space. Accessed remotely from anywhere via a web browser, EagleEye™ Connect can monitor, manage and protect networks across multiple facilities and sites around the world.
For more information on the Siemon's EagleEye™ Connect Software, visit: www.siemon.com/eagleeye
- About Siemon
- Established in 1903, Siemon is an industry leader specializing in the design and manufacture of high quality, high performance low voltage infrastructure solutions and services for Data Centers, LANs and Intelligent Buildings. Headquartered in Connecticut, USA, with global sales, technical and logistics expertise spanning over 100 countries, Siemon offers the most comprehensive suite of copper and optical fiber cabling systems, cabinets, racks, cable management, data center power and cooling systems and Intelligent Infrastructure Management solutions. With over 400 patents specific to structured cabling, Siemon Labs invests heavily in R&D and the development of Industry Standards, underlining the company's long-standing commitment to its customers and the industry.
- Siemon Interconnect Solutions (SIS) is a Siemon business unit comprised of a team of dedicated technical sales professionals supported by Siemon Labs, mechanical, electrical and signal integrity engineers committed to solving industry and customer driven interconnect challenges. We provide custom network infrastructure solutions to: OEM's, Leading Manufacturers, Value-Added Resellers and System Integrators.
- Press Contact:
- Robert Carlson
- VP Global Marketing
- 101 Siemon Company Drive
- Watertown, CT 06795
- Phone : (1) 860 945-4262
- Fax : (1) 860 945-8503