For Immediate Release - March 12, 2010
Siemon Launches Online Educational Resource on Shielded Network Cabling
www.siemon.com/shielded was developed to help IT network and data center professionals understand the benefits of shielded twisted-pair copper cabling
Watertown, CT, USA — Siemon, a globally recognized leader in network cabling solutions, is proud to announce the launch of a new online resource dedicated to helping IT network and data center professionals get clear facts on shielded network cabling systems such as category 6A F/UTP and category 7A S/FTP solutions.
Focusing on key network infrastructure issues such as 10Gb/s performance requirements, noise resistance, installation considerations, cost savings and future-proofing, www.siemon.com/shielded provides an easily navigated portal to Siemon's library of in-depth resources. From a simple, 1-page list of key shielded cabling benefits, advantages and myths, users can access instructional videos, whitepapers, customer case studies and more.
Key topics covered:
- Shielded cabling market drivers
- Performance headroom
- Termination speed
- Installation practices
- Grounding and bonding
- Electromagnetic interference considerations
- Alien Crosstalk resistance
- PoE and PoE Plus heat generation issues
- Security considerations
- Cable sharing as high density work area solution
To explore these and other Siemon resources, visit www.siemon.com/shielded.
- About Siemon
- Established in 1903, Siemon is an industry leader specializing in the design and manufacture of high quality, high performance low voltage infrastructure solutions and services for Data Centers, LANs and Intelligent Buildings. Headquartered in Connecticut, USA, with global sales, technical and logistics expertise spanning over 100 countries, Siemon offers the most comprehensive suite of copper and optical fiber cabling systems, cabinets, racks, cable management, data center power and cooling systems and Intelligent Infrastructure Management solutions. With over 400 patents specific to structured cabling, Siemon Labs invests heavily in R&D and the development of Industry Standards, underlining the company's long-standing commitment to its customers and the industry.
- Siemon Interconnect Solutions (SIS) is a Siemon business unit comprised of a team of dedicated technical sales professionals supported by Siemon Labs, mechanical, electrical and signal integrity engineers committed to solving industry and customer driven interconnect challenges. We provide custom network infrastructure solutions to: OEM's, Leading Manufacturers, Value-Added Resellers and System Integrators.
- Press Contact:
- Robert Carlson
- VP Global Marketing
- 101 Siemon Company Drive
- Watertown, CT 06795
- Phone : (1) 860 945-4262
- Fax : (1) 860 945-8503