Innovative RJ-45 Design
Siemon Innovations that make Z-MAX possible...
With Z-MAX, Siemon has shattered the RJ-45 barrier. We have achieved best-in-class performance through an innovative "matched" system which combines an optimally tuned plug with a higher performance outlet.
- Best guaranteed category 6A margin in the industry
- Leading performance on all parameters, not just NEXT
- Exceptional alien crosstalk performance
- Consistent, superior performance,eliminates marginal reporting
- Narrower NEXT range provides capability to tune to higher channel performance levels
- Advanced contact technology and automated assembly results in decreased performance variability
- compared with crimp-type plugs Smart-Plug is fully backwards compatible and standards compliant
- PCB-based contacts eliminate pair-crossing condition present in traditional cords
A critical element of Z-MAX systems’ exceptional performance is our smart-plug technology. The Z-MAX smart plug contains a tuned printed circuit board (PCB), normally only found in outlets, to achieve high performance tuning.
This advancement in miniaturisation has packaged the tuning capability and consistency of a PCB in an industry standard RJ-45 footprint, giving the Z-MAX patch cord unsurpassed performance capabilities.
The crossing of cable pairs has long been recognised as a source of variability and performance degradation in connector systems. The linear design of the Z-MAX termination module allows conductors to feed naturally into position without the need for pair crossing.
- Removes a significant source of noise and interference present in all other RJ-45 outlets
- Maintains and protects cable pair structure for optimised transmission performance consistency
Diagonal IDC Contact Orientation
Siemon engineers thought "outside of the box" when they developed our diagonally-oriented IDC contact technology. This unique configuration places contacts on a single plane yet varies the alignment of each individual contact within the Z-MAX outlet. This design provides distinct performance benefits compared with traditional rectangular contact layouts.
- Maximises pair-to-pair separation from adjacent outlets to minimise alien crosstalk even in the most dense category 6A patching environments
- Enhances NEXT performance within outlets
- Fully enclosed IDC’s eliminates exposure of uninsulated conductors
Z-MAX Category 6A Shielded - Customer Case Studies
- Shielded from Disaster: Advanced Cabling Solutions Enhance Emergency Operations in Lee County, Florida
- Siemon ConvergeIT™ Cabling Solution Supports PoE Lighting for a Better Education Environment at a Mobile, Alabama Public School