About Siemon Interconnect Solutions (SIS)
Siemon Interconnect Solutions (SIS) is a team of experts committed to solving customer-driven interconnect challenges. With resources that combine current connectivity products and future technologies with extensive design engineering and production capability, Siemon Interconnect Solutions is focused on developing modified standards and application-specific solutions.
Our solution set includes a comprehensive line of connectors and cable types that may be integrated with an array of transmission technologies, providing value-added interconnect solutions across a wide segment of customer applications.
About The Siemon Company
Established in 1903, Siemon is a global industry leader in the development and delivery of high quality, high-performance cabling solutions. Headquartered in Watertown, Connecticut, USA, Siemon maintains an extensive global support and service infrastructure, including worldwide design and development capabilities and global manufacturing facilities. Siemon's Interconnect Solutions business unit (SIS) is a team of experts committed to solving industry and customer-driven interconnect challenges. SIS specializes in the development of copper and fiber high-speed interconnects for the communications, data center, medical, automotive and industrial markets, providing value-added solutions across a variety of markets and customer applications. With over 400 patents, Siemon invests heavily in R&D and development of industry standards, underlining the company's long-term commitment to its customers and the industry.
At Siemon, everything we do is guided by a shared global vision...
"To be a reliable partner, an expert whose advanced technology and services provide high quality, high performance network infrastructure solutions, anywhere in the world."
...and we judge our success by how we execute the Siemon Vision - by how we deliver Siemon value to our partners and customers, every day, in every part of the world.
A Higher Standard of Expertise
- Siemon Labs - the heart of Siemon innovation
- Over 400 active patents related to structured cabling standards participation - leading the groups that lead the industry
- Dedicated resources focused on understanding and supporting the unique needs of your vertical market
- Over 100 years of customer-driven telecommunications knowledge
Video: Siemon Manufacturing Tour
A Higher Standard of Quality
- World Class Quality - not a task, but an unbending commitment vertically integrated manufacturing & automation
- From raw materials, through highly automated production to in-depth inspection, every product is held to the highest standards. >>More
- ISO 9001:2015 certification in all Siemon facilities, globally
- ISO 14001 environmental certification, along with many global environmental awards and certifications supporting green building initiatives
- Statistical process control and Six Sigma methodology
- Beyond Product: Siemon applies the same quality commitment to its value-added programs and services
A Higher Standard of Technology
Siemon leads the market in technology and innovation, ensuring the widest choice of forward-thinking cabling solutions available.
- Category 5e pioneers since 1994
- Category 6/Class E products in 1998
- Category 7A/Class FA TERA in 1999
- Industrial Ethernet RJ-45 Connector in 2001
- 10 Gb/s suite of copper and fiber products since 2003
- BladePatch high density push-pull patch cord in 2004
- 500Mhz Quick-Ground Connectors in 2006
A Higher Standard of Choice
- XGLO laser optimized 10Gb/s fiber solution
- LightSystem end-to-end gigabit fiber cabling system
- TERA category 7A/class FA solution, highest performing copper system available
- 10G 6A 10GB/S Category 6A solution in both F/UTP and UTP
- Pre-terminated copper and fiber trunking cable assemblies
- Premium 6, System 6 comprehensive Category 6 UTP system
- Premium 5e, System 5e Category 5e copper solutions, UTP and F/UTP
- MapIT Intelligent Infrastructure Management (IIM)
- Industrial cabling - harsh environment connectivity options
A Higher Standard of Global Delivery
- Global infrastructure and delivery system
- Siemon operates extensive global production, logistics, sales and support facilities. these facilities are supplemented by a broad team of global and regional distribution partners.
- We operate on a continual commitment to improving and expanding our global infrastructure
- We consistently provide high quality product as well as world-class support and logistics, anywhere on the planet
Over a century of experience
Inspired by Our Past, Focused on the Future
In 1903, Carl Siemon launched The Siemon Company on the strength of his own innovative plastic compounds and pioneering telecommunication technologies. Over a century later, that spirit of innovation is still at the core of everything we do at Siemon – driving us to develop and support the most forward-looking, high-quality line of network connectivity solutions.
- 1903 – Founded in Bridgeport, CT
- 1906 – Entered telecommunications industry with 3-pole block
- 1923 – Continued development of innovative products and manufacturing technology
- 1954 – Relocated headquarters to Watertown, CT
- 1960 – Introduced 66 block connecting hardware for telecom industry
- 1962 – Precision metal stamping capability through addition of Dynamic Tool division
- 1978 – Siemon Electronics Division created
- 1994 – Launched category 5e structured cabling products
- 1997 – First to market category 6 structured cabling products
- 1999 – Launched TERA, the first Category 7 system and still the highest-performing twisted pair solution available
- 2003 – End-to-end 10Gb/s XGLO optical fiber products
- 2005 – Global manufacturing expanded
- 2009 – Innovative Z-MAX copper cabling and VersaPOD data center cabinet solutions
- 2010 – High Speed Copper and Fiber Interconnect Products
Siemon's founding commitment to stewardship has resulted in a long history of progressive environmental action.
- ISO 14001
- RoHS product compliance
- Zero Landfill Operations
- Renewable Solar Power Generation
- Global Carbon Neutrality Program
- Green Building Council Member