Capable of distributing voice, video and data to the desktop over one singlemode fiber, PONs offer the benefit of extended transmission distances, as well as easy deployment and reduced pathway and conduit space. Siemon Enterprise Passive Optical Network (PON) Fiber Cabling Solution is a modular, cost-effective, high-performance solution that improves the modularity, flexibility and management of PONs.
The Siemon Enterprise PON Fiber Cabling Solution offers versatile splitter installation to support a variety of PON applications and includes cabling, assemblies, connectivity, cable management and multiple enclosures options that enhance enterprise PONs from the OLT to the work area equipment.
Siemon Fiber Splitter Cassettes use advanced planar lightwave circuit (PLC) technology to enable multiple fiber connections with superior optical performance. This method uses splitter devices fabricated with silica optical wave-guide elements, resulting in low insertion loss, high uniformity, and low polarization dependent loss.
- Compatible with Siemon fiber enclosures and panels including the FCP3, SWIC3, RIC3, Rack Mount Panel and VersaPOD Zero-U patch panels
- Available in SC, LC and MTP interfaces with various port configurations ranging from 1 or 2 input ports and 8 to 32 output ports
- Optional front and rear exits enable versatile mounting and leg routing to support a variety of environments and applications
Rack-Mount Splitter Panel
The Rack-Mount Splitter Panel incorporates splitter technology into a 19-inch rack mount unit that enables fast and simple mounting in a standard rack, cabinet or enclosure
- Available in six different split ratios to support a variety of PON applications, including 1x8, 2x8 1x16, 2x16, 1x32, 2x32 and dual 1x16.19-rack mount unit with SC or LC ports in either UPC or APC versions
Singlemode Fiber Adapters and Modules
Siemon Fiber Adapters and Modules are ideal for creating flexible fiber interconnects and cross-connects between OLTs and splitters and between splitters and ONTs, offering the benefits of structured cabling, including ease of upgrades and MACs. They feature a patented integrated latch, which makes installation and access easier.
- Quick-Pack® Adapter Plates are available in Singlemode SC/APC, LC/APC and MTP/APC and can be housed alongside splitter cassettes in enclosures and panels
- Ideal for deploying a high density MTP PON solution using zone distribution, Siemon SC/APC to MTP and LC/APC to MTP plug and play modules can be housed alongside splitter cassettes in enclosures and panels.
Fiber Distribution Enclosures, Panels, Hubs and Zone Cabling
Siemon’s PON Fiber Cabling Solution includes a variety of fiber distribution enclosures and panels for distributing fiber from OLTs to ONTs.
- RIC3 enclosures are designed for enhanced fiber management and ease of use. They support Siemon PON fiber splitter cassettes, Quick-Pack adapter plates and plug and play modules without sacrificing fiber protection and accessibility.
- The FCP3 Fiber Connect Panel available in rack and drawer versions accepts up to 3 Quick-Pack adapters, splitter cassettes or plug and play modules in a 1U space.
- Available in 1U and 4U, RIC panels feature adapter plate openings in a standard 19-inch rack mount design to support splitter cassettes, Quick-Pack adapter plates and plug and play modules.
- The Expanded Wall Mount Interconnect Center (SWIC) accepts up to 8 Quick-Pack adapter plates, 4 front leg exit splitter cassettes via the bracket and up to 6 LC or SC MAX Modules, making it ideal for fiber distribution hubs located close to work areas.
- Siemon’s Wall-Mount Cabinet is also ideal for creating high-capacity fiber distribution hubs using the RIC 4U panel.
- Siemon’s low-profile MAX® Unit Zone Enclosure, SWIC Enclosure, 24-Port MAX Enclosure and Passive Ceiling Zone Enclosure are ideal for situating close to groups of work areas for short easy-to-manage fiber links that connect to ONTs.
PON Fiber Cable, Connectivity, Jumpers and Work Area Solutions
Siemon’s PON Fiber Cabling Solutions include all the cable and connectivity required to deploy and end-to-end PON system
- Bulk Siemon XGLO singlemode fiber cable available in tight buffer, interlocking armor tight buffer, indoor/outdoor and outside plant loose tube varieties complies with all ITU-T G.652, Telcordia, ANSI/TIA and ISO/IEC standards.
- Siemon’s PON solutions include bend-insensitive simplex singlemode fiber jumpers in SC and LC style, ideal for flexible connections with a PON system and to ONTs at the work area.
- Siemon’s LightBow™ Mechanical Splice Termination System includes both SC and LC APC simplex connectors and an easy-to-use lightweight tool that combines splice activation and crimp into a single process.
- To complete a PON system at the work area, Simeon offers simplex fiber MAX modules that can be installed in Simeon MAX faceplates, zone enclosures and modular furniture adapters.
- Siemon’s copper Category 6 and 6A parch cords are ideal for connecting ONTs to computers, phones, printers, access points and a variety of other devices, and they are easily color coded via colored clips available in 9 colors.