What is RoHS?
RoHS directives list the following six substances identified for restriction:
- Lead (Pb)*
- Mercury (Hg)
- Cadmium (Cd)
- Hexavalent Chromium (Cr-VI)
- Polybrominated Biphenyls (PBB)
- Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers (PBDE)
*The EU RoHS directive provides an exemption for lead in solders for network infrastructure equipment for switching, signaling, transmission as well as network management for telecommunication. All EU RoHS compliant Siemon products being manufactured today do not use this exception and are 100% lead-free.
Siemon has achieved compliance to these RoHS requirements. Specifically:
- All Siemon products shipped to EU Member States from Siemon factories are fully RoHS compliant.
- As of March 1, 2007 all products shipped from Siemon factories to China comply to Chinese RoHS marking requirements
- All Siemon products are shipped in packaging marked with the to signify EU RoHS compliance and the or to signify China RoHS status.