Siemon Supplier Code of Conduct
Siemon fully embraces corporate, social and environmental responsibility and is fully committed to compliance with the Responsible Business Alliance Code of Conduct (“Code”). We encourage our suppliers to do the same. We regard compliance as a total supply chain initiative that requires our suppliers to acknowledge and implement the Code. We seek to lead by example and continually improve. We strive to work with our suppliers and community members who share our values:
Siemon is committed to protecting and preserving our environment and we expect the same from our suppliers.
- Obtain, maintain and keep current all required environmental permits, approvals and registrations. Follow all operational and reporting requirements.
- Work to minimize or eliminate the discharge and emission of pollutants and generation of waste through adding pollution control equipment. Where possible, modify production, maintenance and facility processes to lessen or eliminate negative environmental impacts. Employ conservation practices to minimize the use of natural resources, like water, fossil fuels, minerals and virgin forest product. Use material substitution, material re-use, conservation, recycling to further your environmental protection.
- Ensure that chemicals and other materials that are hazardous to humans and environment are properly identified, labelled and managed to ensure their safe handling, movement, storage, use, recycling or reuse and disposal.
- Do not use any ozone depleting chemicals (ODCs) in your manufacturing operations.
Business Ethics and Compliance
Siemon is committed to upholding high ethical standards in all that we do and expect the same from our suppliers.
- Avoid situations that create an actual or perceived conflict of interest.
- Maintain a conflict free supply chain by sourcing products and materials from non-conflict sources.
- Conduct all business communications, activities and transactions honestly, ethically and lawfully.
- Do not engage or participate in corrupt activity such as paying bribes or accepting kickbacks.
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations relating to competition. Suppliers should therefore never engage in price fixing, market sharing, bid rigging or customer allocation.
- Comply with all trade laws and controls when exporting and importing.
- Gifts of a nominal value may be exchanged during customer visits as a token of appreciation and partnership. Any meals with customers should occur infrequently and should not be overly expensive.
Labor and Human Rights
Siemon expects its Suppliers to share its commitment to upholding the human rights of all employees and treating them with dignity and respect.
- Child labor is not to be used. Suppliers must not employ anyone under the age of 15. Siemon supports legitimate workplace learning programs, which comply with all laws and regulations. Workers under the age of 18 must not perform work that is likely to jeopardize their health or safety, including night shifts and overtime.
- Workers should not labor more than the maximum hours of daily work set by local and national laws and regulations. Any overtime work should be voluntary and paid in accordance with existing local and national laws and regulations. Workers should not work more than 60 hours a single workweek, including overtime, except in emergency or unusual situations. Workers should be allowed at least one day off per seven-day week.
- Suppliers must abide by local laws and regulations regarding workers’ contracts. Workers should be granted any annual leave, sick leave and maternity/paternity leave as legally required without any negative repercussions. Maintain employee records as required by local and national laws and regulations. Suppliers must compensate their employees for all overtime worked at the legal payment rate and provide their employees with a pay stub or similar documentation.
- All work must be voluntary. The use of bonded, forced, slave, prison or any other form of involuntary labor is abhorrent to Siemon and must not be used.
- Maintain and utilize employment policies and practices that do not discriminate based on race, color, religious creed, sexual orientation, veteran status, pregnancy, age, national origin, marital status, ancestry, sex or mental or physical disability or any other characteristic as protected by all applicable laws and regulations.
- Provide humane working conditions for all workers.
- Wages and benefits paid for a standard working week must meet local and national legal standards.
- Suppliers must not require “deposits” from workers, holding employee identity or immigration papers (including but not limited to passports or any work permits), or destroying, concealing, confiscating or otherwise denying worker’s access to such documents. Workers must be free to resign their employment in accordance with local and national laws or regulations without unlawful penalty.
Health and Safety
Siemon is committed to providing a safe work environment for all workers and expects its suppliers to do the same.
- Provide a healthy and safe working environment for all workers. Comply with all health and safety laws and regulations. Employ best practices for occupational health and safety, emergency preparedness, occupational injury and illness, industrial hygiene, ergonomics, machine safety, sanitation, food and housing.
- First aid equipment must be available at appropriate locations throughout the facility and at least one person in each location should be trained in basic first aid. Suppliers should cover the costs of medical care for injuries sustained at their facilities, if they are not covered by insurance or by the local or national government, provided safety rules have not been violated.
Siemon’s business is built on intellectual property and innovation. We seek to safeguard our company’s intellectual property and the intellectual property of our suppliers. We expect our suppliers to do the same.
- Intellectual property rights must be respected. Transferring technology and knowledge must be done in a way that protects the company’s intellectual property rights. All customer and supplier information is to be safeguarded and non-disclosure agreements are to be strictly adhered to.
Siemon Doc WTN-PUR-POL-34 Rev A