Posted: Jan 23, 2024, 10:47 AM
Department: Research and Development Lab
Country: United States
Responsibilities of this position primarily involve use of corporate laboratory facilities and other engineering resources to perform product under the supervision of the appropriate engineer or engineering manager. The person in this position should possess strong technical aptitude in the basic principles of electricity and mechanics and be capable of following direction given by engineers on various duties, including the application of test specifications for the collection and compilation of test data.
In that this individual is responsible for collecting and compiling vital information on product performance. Additional responsibilities of this position include maintenance of corporate lab facilities, calibration operations, qualification testing of new and revised lab apparatus.
- Associates Degree in Engineering or equivalent desired
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proper working knowledge of use and care of lab equipment
- Detailed oriented
- Drive, initiative and follow-up
- Engineering test methods
- Familiarity with PCs, windows based programs desired
- Corporate Test Facilities
- Maintenance and storage of laboratory equipment and materials such that they always function properly and are readily accessible for use.
- A clean, orderly, and well-organized laboratory area that is free of hazards to personnel and conducive to productive engineering research and testing.
- Qualification of new and revised test methods and apparatus to assure repeatable, and accurate results.
Execution of consistent, well-organized methods for collection, documentation and storage of product performance data as defined by Test Procedures. E. Manage 3D Print request and machine maintenance.
2. Product Testing and Analysis
- Product conditioning and performance testing per relevant standards, product specification
andor as specified by laboratory Manager.
- Compilation of test data as well as observations and communication of test results collected.
- Efforts to maintain a high level of awareness on pending product tests and test methods that may influence results.
- A continuous, high level of organization, productivity and efficiency on active projects as reflected by satisfactory and timely completion of assigned tasks.
- Preparation of samples for various types of testing
- Ability to operate environmental chambers and general laboratory equipment.