Posted: Oct 24, 2023, 08:10 AM
Country: United States
Responsible for performing daily, weekly and monthly duties for the Cost Accounting function, including preparation of monthly journal entries, account analysis and applicable reporting. Ensure compliance to operational policies and procedures, including appropriate and necessary controls, as well as maintain integrity of financial data. Job duties include:
- Drive manufacturing and operational objectives and support the ongoing business strategies and decisions via the analysis and use of financial data and reporting tools for Dynamic manufacturing and Siemon Assembly.
- Review and control overhead spending, monitor overhead rates and the over/under absorbed position, and ensure costs are properly allocated to product lines to support business decisions. Communicate with responsible managers on a monthly basis. Identify potential cost reduction opportunities.
- Support year end annual spending budgets and standards revaluation.
- Support monthly material standards update including PPV analysis and research which provides current data for customer quoting.
- Support month-end close including bank reconciliations, journal entries and financial reporting (Four day close).
- Prepare cost analysis (payback, IRR, NPV, GM) for manufacturing capital projects new product development (NPD), engineering change requests (ECR) and operation change requests (OCR).
- Support annual audit.
- Serve as Oracle Cost Accounting Process Champion.
- Support Annual Transfer Pricing reporting requirements.
- Fixed Asset reporting.
- BS degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years of Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong P.C. skills, including MS Excel and Word.
- Work experience with an ERP system, preferably Oracle.
- Understands the importance of confidentiality regarding financial data.
- Self-starter with good written and verbal communication skills.