To effectively make repairs / corrections to tooling in a timely manner so as to maintain and improve overall tool performance and efficiency. To ensure that production requirements, as they relate to tooling, are continually met / exceeded. Leadership role within the department.
- Implements cost effective permanent repairs/corrections to tooling in order to improve tool performance and efficiency.
- Effectively recognizes and reports tooling print changes / errors in a timely manner ensuring that performance specifications are continually met / exceeded.
- Efficiently utilizes all required machinery and measuring equipment relating to the repair of tooling.
- Lay out complicated dies, including progressive tooling, according to established specifications independently or with little supervision.
- Effectively and efficiently diagnoses and corrects production problems related to tooling in a timely and orderly manner.
- Responsible for ensuring that all press and tooling safeties are in place and operating properly in order to maintain a safe working environment.
- Assists in the training of apprentices and class "B" toolmakers, as directed
- by Manufacturing Supervisor.
- Ensures that apprentices assigned to them correctly perform their tasks within the time allocated.
- Submits samples to the quality department in a timely and organized manner in order to meet / exceed the quality specifications cited on the applicable inspection instruction sheet.
- Effectively assists in the training of set-up personnel in proper tooling set-up procedures, including the starting of the strip.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum 7-years demonstrated successful experience in a progressive stamping environment.
• Demonstrated ability to read and interpret complex blueprints.PC skills
• Tool & Die journeyman certificate.
• Four-Slide experience a plus.