May 24, 2021, 16:34 PM
Title : Tool Designer
Department : Metal Stamping
City : Watertown
Department : Manufacture/Engineering
State : CT
Design and maintain design updates on dies, tools, fixtures, and gauges. Work with Tool & Die makers to assist in trouble shooting Metal Stamping tooling. Support Metal Stamping Production Department as required.
Responsible for designing, standardizing and updating metal stamping tool designs in order to reduce production costs and optimize product output and quality. Activities include design verification, generation of metal stamping tools and drawings/specifications; responsible for managing and administrating both hard-copy and electronic specifications, as well as for execution of required document control practices. Also responsible for verification, implementation and validation of Engineering revisions that may be requested by Sales, Quality, Production or other departments.
- Design and maintain design updates on complex dies, tools, fixtures, gages, machines, machine attachments and other devices.
- Maintain a system to obtain and update all customer requirements and specifications regarding all dimensional and functional product characteristics, including raw material specifications.
- Maintain a master print file and maintaining a master revision list of all customer documents.
- Maintain an engineering change notice program for the routing of all new and revised customer and divisional specifications.
- To provide dedicated link between product development and manufacturing to ensure effective transitions of new products from engineering to manufacturing including documentation, gauging and initial operator training.
- Maintains a continuously high level of organization, productivity and efficiency as reflected by timely and satisfactory status reporting and completion of assigned projects and tasks.
- High School/Tech School diploma
- 10 years experience in Progressive Metal Stamping tool design
- Intermediate PC skills including Word and Excel
- Proficient in Solid Works
- A.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- State of CT Tool & Die journeyman Certficate or equivalent
- Design experience in metal stamping
- Experience with Automation equipment
- Familiar with OSHA safety standards relative to equipment