Sales and Market Manager- Telco
To develop and execute Siemon’s Telco business plan. This position will understand the emerging technologies and cabling systems deployed in wireless base station build outs, the conversion of Telco Central Offices to data centers and Telco data centers. The plan needs to account for market segments, market leaders and competitors, emerging technologies and channels to market as well as to align and leverage our capabilities with the various segments of this emerging market and determine the best fit for current and future Siemon products and services.
This position requires solid knowledge of Telcos, Wireless Carriers, Tower operators and tier 1 Telco equipment vendors as well as their distribution channels. Responsibility for this position includes researching and quantifying the value of each opportunity as well as identifying the addressable market size. This position will analyze and understand the potential market share for Siemon and develop a strategic plan to position Siemon to win market share from our major competitors. This position shall have in depth knowledge of current trends as it relates applications, performance, pricing, competition and other areas that are critical to successfully compete in this market.
This position has direct Sales responsibility for strategic Telco accounts and their sales channels. Sales growth will be achieved by leveraging the Company product portfolio, services, programs and resources; and managing the product approval process required by Telcos and their Tier 1 suppliers. The primary geographic market is the United States, and secondary markets are Canada and Mexico.
- B.S./B.A. Degree in technical related discipline or equivalent required
- A minimum (5) years of demonstrated sales success working in the Telco market
- Market and Product Management experience and ability desired
- Knowledge of Telco and Premise interconnect and cabling infrastructure products
- Knowledge of the Telco and wireless product applications, leading suppliers and distributors
- Ability to create and effectively implement detailed business plans, establish priorities and organize activities
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills.
- Ability to network and develop and leverage complementary strategic sales and marketing partnerships
- Ability to interpret RFI and RFP technical specifications and the ability to effectively present and sell Siemon specification proposals.
- Professional business image and effective relationship building and analytical skills
- Self-motivated, flexible, resourceful and willingness to embrace new challenges and travel as needed on short notice up to 75% out of area of residence.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively and creatively deal with customer problems and concerns as they develop.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize P.C (MS Office, Outlook, Excel, Salesforce, etc) and other tools to accomplish activities.