Receiving Inspection Lead
Serve as a hands-on working lead, overseeing daily operations of Receiving and Incoming Inspection team members to ensure prompt and accurate processing of inbound material deliveries and continuously improve department effectiveness with respect to quality and service.
Strong team building leadership and communications skills
Working knowledge of ISO 9000 Certified Quality Management Systems
- Experience in a high volume, high mix environment
- Working knowledge of incoming inspection tools, reporting and systems.
- Knowledge of MRP System required (Oracle experience preferred).
- Ability to work effectively with suppliers and across functional areas such as Planning, Purchasing, Production, Warehouse, Finance and Engineering.
- Critical thinker who is methodical, organized and detail orientated
Quality Assurance experience
Lean Six Sigma experience
- Hands on receiving dept group leader responsible for prompt and accurate processing of inbound deliveries and effective closure of open purchase orders and supplier invoices.
- Oversee and perform effective incoming inspection and prompt resolution of nonconforming material receipts.
- Work with Purchasing, Engineering and Suppliers to eliminate inspection of products that meet established criteria for “doc-to-stock”.
- Work with Purchasing and Engineering to achieve positive resolution with suppliers through supplier corrective action requests (SCARs) and return material authorization (RMA).
- Effective management and follow-up of non-conforming material to minimize the value and age of “MRB” inventory.
- Work with Purchasing and the Continuous Improvement Manager to support systems and reporting of supplier quality and delivery compliance.
- Assist Manager to ensure that the Receiving department is properly staffed with sufficient training and cross-training to achieve consistently high service and performance during periods of unusually high inbound deliveries, vacations and absences.
- Interfaces with Production, Purchasing, Logistics and Planning on material status and expedite requests.
- Coordinates with Finance, Purchasing and Planning to maintain consistent control over deliveries and PO reconciliation for all direct and indirect (MRO) material receipts so that invoices match receipts and are properly classified.
- Demonstrate commitment to operational excellence through fostering and promoting an environment of teamwork, flexibility, and continuous improvement
- Ensure that all procedure and work instructions are relevant, up to date and utilized during training.