Purchasing Manager- Americas and Europe
Posted: May 27, 2022, 14:16 PM
Responsible for developing, executing and maintaining a comprehensive regional supplier strategy with emphasis on quality, cost control, availability and delivery. Prioritize and cultivate quality capable “partner” suppliers who consistently provide the best total landed cost, lead-times, inventory investment, system integration and value adding resources in support of product and process development. Continually improve the value of supplier relationships, enabling them to become virtual extensions of the company. Develop and maintain an effective team of purchasing professionals that consistently demonstrate effective communication, cooperation, critical thinking, project management and negotiation skills. Take an active role in understanding our company’s strategic direction and the role of Purchasing in achieving our key goals and strategies and collaborate with the leadership team to achieve those goals.
- BS/BA in a Supply Chain Management or other Business related discipline.
- Proven effective job performance with purchasing, materials management and inventory control.
- Success in developing a purchasing team that demonstrates strong negotiation skills and ability to develop and manage relationships and contracts with suppliers of purchased goods and services.
- ERP System knowledge relating to purchasing, supplier and materials management – including the ability to develop and implement system level procedures that document best practices and workflows that are consistently applied by all staff in all locations.
- Ability to develop and maintain supplier qualification and management systems using key performance indicators for both the purchasing function and suppliers.
- Proven management & leadership skills to hire, train, and develop a highly effective regional purchasing team.
- Flexible, motivated and capable of making changes to improve and sustain functional proficiency while adapting to changing business and customer needs.
- Driven self-starter with the ability to be self-directed.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time.
- Master’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or other business related discipline
- Project management skills that include an ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams
- Experience working within a dynamic corporate environment
- Experience working in close cooperation with supply chain management functions such as logistics, planning and forecasting
- Ability to apply lean enterprise concepts to purchasing systems and supplier management
- APICS and CPIM certification
- Experience with electronic data interchange (EDI) and vendor managed inventory (VMI) systems