This individual is responsible for leading projects for NPD and Continuous Improvement initiatives. The Project Leader is accountable for on-time project completion, achieving product cost targets, staying within project budget, and ensuring that the final products meet the defined scope. This position is responsible for establishing, organizing, and leading cross-functional teams as directed. This individual also supports the organization by maintaining key engineering and quality processes including best practices and KPI’s for Project Management. The Project Leader acts as the SME for Project Management developments and enhancements throughout the organization.
- Four-year engineering degree and 2-5 years of experience in a technical field or related area
- Proven track record in leading projects with successful outcomes. CAPM or PMP certification is desired.
- Experience using MS Office tools and MS Project
- Demonstrate excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to conduct effective meetings across multiple global locations
- Ability to set and adhere to deadlines
- Experience working with engineering systems and processes
- Experience working with Database Management and ERP systems to analyze and maintain records and files
- Familiarity with standard business processes
- Familiarity with common manufacturing processes such as injection molding, sheet metal fabrication, and assembly processes desired
- Methodical, organized and detail orientated work habits
- Knowledge of office practices, procedures, equipment, rules and regulations