Molding Set Up Tech
Posted: Jun 9, 2022, 13:22 PM
To set-up Injection Molding Machines and produce parts of consistant qualiity that conform to established production requirements and safety standards.
- Perform all tool set-ups as required by production scheduling.
- Perform material changes as needed.
- Ensure presses and quality workstations are properly set-up and ready for production.
- Perform process adjustments, troubleshooting and routine maintenance on molds as needed to maximize daily production and to prevent mold damage.
- Ensure that all safety features are properly adjusted on presses and auxiliary equipment.
- Ensure that all molds are running to optimal standards, reviewing for necessary changes as needed and documenting changes accordingly.
- Work closely with supporting departments to identify and resolve machinery or tooling problems.
- Perform all necessary quality requirements including First and Last Piece inspections utilizing blueprints, quality documentation, and measuring devices.
- Complete all required job documentation.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years Injection Molding Technician experience.
- 1 year Molding Material Handler experience.
- Knowledge and operation of molding auxiliaries including Robots, Drying Equipment and Color Blending Equipment.
- Knowledge of Quality Control functions including blueprint reading and measuring intruments.
- Basic PC Skills including MS Excel and Word.
- Strong PC skills, including MS Excel and Word.
- Ability to solve problems and perform duties that require basic math aptitude.
- Experience with engineering grade resins.
- Strong experience with injection mold processing and troubleshooting.
- Srong Verbal and Written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Scientific Molding.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing including; 5s, Kanban and JIT concepts and techniques.
- Forklift Driving Experience