Global Data Center Solutions Specialist
This position will provide support and expertise to the global sales team to create and sustain relationships with Managed Service Providers, Cloud Service Providers, Colocation Data Center providers, Hyperscale customers and ecosystem partners. The goal is to achieve specification of Siemon data center solutions. In support of this goal, this position will create and deliver seminars and training, support sales on customer calls, build strategic relationships with Data Center ecosystem partners and assist with content generation for marketing and educational materials.
- B.S./B.A. Degree in technical related discipline required.
- Data Center certifications or accreditations preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the data center industry with extensive knowledge of cloud service providers, managed service providers, colocation and hyperscale business environments.
- Expert knowledge of the data center ecosystem, business models, customer value propositions, products, and sales strategies.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with all stakeholders within the data center operations, their preferred installer integrators and their ecosystem of preferred equipment suppliers.
- Knowledge of Data Center network topologies and associated infrastructure - cabinets/racks, PDUs, structured cabling, direct attach cabling and supporting software including DCIM.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills including the ability to develop presentation content.
- Experience/familiarity with the ANSI/TIA-942, Uptime Institute, and other data center industry standards.
- Ability to travel extensively, globally, and on short notice.