Global Data Center Market Manager
This position will provide support and expertise to the global sales team to create and sustain partnering relationships with Managed Services Cloud and Colocation (Cloud/Colo) Data Center providers and ecosystem partners. The goal is to achieve specification of Siemon Cloud/Colo data center solutions. In support of this goal, this position will create and deliver seminars and training, support sales on customer calls, build strategic relationships with Data Center ecosystem partners and assist with content generation related marketing and educational materials.
- Data Center certifications or accreditations preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience working for or selling to Cloud/Colo providers
- Expert knowledge of the Cloud/Colo data center ecosystem, their business models, customer value propositions, products, and sales strategies
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with all stake holders within the Cloud/Colo operations, their preferred installer integrators and their ecosystem of preferred equipment suppliers.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with the major customers of Cloud/Colo providers, ie large end-users and their ecosystem of preferred suppliers.
- Knowledge of Data Center Leaf/Spine network topologies and associated infrastructure - cabinets/racks, PDUs, structured cabling, direct attach cabling and supporting software including DCIM.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills including the ability to develop presentation content.
- Experience/familiarity with the ANSI/TIA-942, Uptime Institute, and other data center industry standards.
- Ability to travel extensively, globally, and on short notice.