Industrial Plant Mechanic
Posted: Jan 3, 2023, 06:39 AM
Department: Plant Engineering
This position is responsible for providing an intermediate level of expertise in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing emergency and preventive maintenance and repairs on the building and production equipment and systems in a manufacturing environment.
Working under minimal supervision as a member of a self-directed work team, this is a multi-craft position that may perform machine repairs and general non-licensed maintenance work, as well as support other licensed trades as directed. Requires good working knowledge of all types and applications of equipment pertaining to maintenance and operations.
The General Plant
Mechanic must have the ability to identify and correct any safety-related
issues and perform independent equipment evaluations to identify potential
equipment failures. Provide instruction and assistance to other technicians as
- Maintains, and repairs all facility and production associated equipment in compliance with company regulations and standards.
- Performs troubleshooting on mechanical equipment such as pneumatics, hydraulics and PLCs to diagnose issues and effect repairs as promptly and efficiently as possible.
- Assists in installing, inspecting new equipment, and servicing installations.
- Provides support to co-workers, contractors and building managers, as needed.
- Provides training to other team members to ensure continued facilities and maintenance support during an absence and to teach specialized skills and techniques.
- Read and interpret schematics, written work orders, sketches, blueprints, and technical manuals.
- Perform preventive maintenance as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- Understands company policies and enforces safety regulations.
- Safely performs functions of the position including following company safety policies and guidelines.
- Demonstrates attention to detail, analytical skills, organization and time management.
- Prioritizes and completes scheduled activities on time while demonstrating flexibility in responding to urgent unplanned requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school/trade school diploma or equivalent.
- 3-5 years’ maintenance experience or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience in industrial mechanical machine repair, repair of automotive or agricultural equipment.
- Valid Driver’s License.