EMEA Strategic Account Manager
Main Aspect of Job
To provide regional focus towards achieving maximum penetration of strategic accounts within EMEA as required, in line with the business plan via direct promotion to targeted End Users and Consultants and indirect promotion to the overall market against defined sales target and within established policy guidelines.
Qualifications and Experience
- Educated to degree level in relevant discipline.
- Significant sales experience and proven success in Information Technology sales to strategic accounts within the region.
- Evidence of existing and relevant relationships within strategic accounts.
- Experienced in commercial selling and business features and benefits selling.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the telecommunications industry including distribution practices, products and competitive sales practices.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain relationships within the Corporate Sector and Consultant base.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal and ability to communicate at the highest levels, with strong proven analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal, organisational and follow-up skills.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to influence and coordinate activity.
- Creation and delivery of formal effective sales presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to utilise PC and other tools to accomplish activities.
- Demonstrated leadership and influencing skills.
- Methodical and organised work habits.
- Flexible attitude.
- Energetic and motivated.
- The generation of revenue to assigned budgetary levels via the promotion of Siemon Company product & services to -
- Corporate End Users in line with, but not limited to, target strategic accounts within the Global Finance Vertical Plan.
- Leading Consultants operating within strategic accounts.
- Other channels that are actively engaged in target accounts.
- Other companies that Siemon believes has a good fit with the role and/or market (ie IBM, colocation companies, etc).
- Develop and maintain strong and effective business relationships with key personnel within the defined target organisations through regular visits and by providing remote support through telephone and written (including electronic) communications.
- Overall management and responsibility for the EMEA Strategic Accounts team including project deliverables and all commercial aspects.
- Work closely with local sales teams to:
- encourage the identification of strategic account opportunities
- work with, and encourage the assistance of, local installation partners within strategic account opportunities
- Ensure on-going communication within strategic accounts regarding marketing and sales information including pricing information, stock, product information, samples and Siemon promotions to leverage sales opportunities.
- Ensure Siemon presence in the strategic accounts through provision of services and solutions to targeted end users.
- Communicate and coordinate with appropriate internal operations personnel to ensure advanced project planning with regard to value added design and fulfilment.
- Work within the Global Finance Vertical team to develop and leverage key global strategic finance accounts.
- Assist as required with other sales opportunities in the region while maintaining focus on and giving priority to the strategic accounts.
- Utilisation of all sales reporting and sales management tools and systems in order to achieve sales objectives in the most efficient manner possible.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager.