A Design Engineer is responsible for product component design and development from concept to production and Engineering support. Activities include customer contact, design verification, generation of component and assembly drawings and specifications for use by manufacturing, quality, suppliers and customers, and product validation. The Design Engineer may work in a team environment as determined by the scope of the project and management. The engineer is responsible for managing and administrating both hard-copy and electronic specifications, as well as for execution of required document control practices. Also responsible for verification, implementation and validation of Engineering revisions that may be requested by Sales, Quality, Production or other departments.
The principles of Concurrent Engineering and the requirements of ISO 9001 shall be applied.
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering Discipline
- Intermediate level PC skills including MS Excel, Word, Project, Powerpoint, Solidworks, and 3D Modeling software
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software (Oracle prefered)
- Experience with sheet metal, stamped components, or molded components.Geometric
- Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Engineering drafting/design experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.