Data Management Specialist
Sep 21, 2021, 10:33 AM
Title : Data Management Specialist
Department : Product Database Management
City : Watertown
Country : United States
Department : Administration
State : CT
The Data Management Specialist’s main role is to handle the daily data entry / processing of Siemon product data. Within this role they are required to gate keep data rules, facilitate data collection, as well as process product related information within Oracle EBS Apps & other associated systems. They provide data processing for product information management flows that support global order management, operations, & engineering functions. They are also expected to support the assurance of the data integrity, effectiveness, & timeliness of a variety of subject matter fields in data domains such as item attributes, product catalogs, item categories, product pricing, unit costing, supply chain sourcing, and manufacturing bills & routings.
- Business, Engineering, or Computer Science degree (preferred); or 3 - 5 years of equivalent experience
- Experience managing product data within an ERP system (Oracle a plus)
- Familiarity with common business practices, processes, systems in functional areas such as order processing, inventory control, and manufacturing.
- Knowledge of engineering / product configuration activities in a manufacturing company with a global supply chain is preferred.
- Advanced Excel skills required, proficient with other Microsoft Office apps
- Moderate query tool capabilities to monitor, audit, & report on data
- Experience with mass data management tools to load / change databases.
- Strong English communication skills are required, both verbal & written
- Good Data presentation skills - reports, tables, data / process representation
- Strong collaboration skills for cross functional / regional project team support
- Sense of urgency to meet internal and external customer expectations
- Extreme attention to detail