Customer Service Representative Anchor Accounts
Posted: May 24, 2023, 17:14 PM
Department: Customer Service
Country: United States
Provides Siemon customers with exceptional levels of service by acting as a team for all customer service functions with focus on Anchor Accounts. This includes skillfully and effectively handling quote and order processing, quote and order maintenance including expedites and billing resolution in accordance with established procedures and guidelines, review of bill of materials, providing alternative product options, monitoring project status, and fulfillment.
- Understands and adheres to Siemon Company Core Values.
- Accurately, thoroughly, efficiently and warmly addresses all customer needs (internal and external) in a professional manner.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Siemon Company databases, email/calendar programs and order management systems.
- Understands and applies Siemon Company procedures and guidelines.
- Understands Siemon Company products, product numbers and catalog material.
- Accurately and promptly enters customer orders with a goal of entry the same day as receipt.
- Promptly and satisfactorily resolves issues related to customer orders, including requests to change or expedite orders.
- Accurately and promptly maintains customer orders using daily exception reports and updates.
- Accurately and promptly advises customers of order status changes, and offers options for meeting customer requirements as needed.
- Understand the customer requirements for project business and day-to-day business and provide recommendations to support customer needs.
- Work with customer and channel partners (distribution and contractors) to support material and logistics needs to support project or day-to-day requirements.
- Review project/day-to-day requirements and provide/establish the appropriate method to support such business by working with Demand Analysis to review the opportunity of forecasting for support, developing PSO’s (project support orders) for support or working with distribution to support customer requirements.
- Work with internal Siemon departments and sales to establish project requirements as it relates to the project BOM, customer/distributor ordering, internal planning and scheduling for product deployment, appropriate lead-times, and logistics.
- Receives information that pertains to quoting and discounting – including but not limited to product and quantity, cross referencing of product, project information, distribution information and any other related material.
- Verifies and approves (within authority guide) discounting as identified in The Siemon Company Quote Guidelines.
- Makes recommendations on strategies for discounting based upon product relationship and customer relationship.
- Maintain appropriate quote and project information in SFA project Database for those projects they are working on. Working with sales, maintain and update BOM and Quote within a specific project.
- On request provide various types of analysis that will provide detailed information to assist in future project opportunities and wins. Such analysis should include win/loss, competitive pricing, discounting trends and others.
- High School Diploma or equivalent 2+ years of customer service experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of structured cabling solutions and industry practices.
- Ability to review project bills of material and make recommendations regarding Siemon products and solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to service and drive solutions for customers in support of the sales function and with the coordination of other internal functions/departments.
- Ability to work well with others and to participate in and lead cross functional teams.
- Strong computer skills including manufacturing/ERP computer systems. Oracle experience a plus.
- Strong organizational skills, follow-through skills and attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent phone presence, and professional image.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects & priorities and work independently.
Exceptional attitude of service and helpfulness toward customers and coworkers.
- Associates Degree
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish)