Automation Process Engineer
The person in this role is responsible overseeing and coordinating internal and external resources to design, fabricate, integrate and commission and ongoing support of existing automated assembly and packaging systems used by Siemon’s global operations. The position requires in-depth knowledge of mechanical, electrical and software control aspects of specialized equipment used for automated parts handling, high-speed assembly, inspection, marking and packaging. Required strengths include, teamwork, project management and innovation to develop new equipment and processes and to continuously improve legacy system quality, productivity, capacity and yield.
- B.S. Mechanical, Electrical or other applicable Engineering major
- Minimum 5 years engineering experience in automation system design and development.
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of metal stamping and injection molding
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team-oriented approach to problem solving
- Excellent design skills (SOLIDWORKS experience and coding skills preferred)
- Expertise in multi-axis robotic systems, 2D and 3D vision systems, transport systems, product marking and decoration, packaging and data collection systems.
- Strong "hands-on" capability in the integration, installation and commissioning of automated/vision-based automated inspection systems in a production environment.
- Ergonomics design experience preferred
- The ability to develop complete system documentation, including maintenance plans and operator training.
- Greenbelt certification preferred