Associate Product Manager
Responsible for managing business activities associated with Product Management function supporting profitable growth of assigned product lines by applying fundamental product management tactics to increase sales and meet gross margin targets. Key responsibilities include evaluating and qualifying in-coming business opportunities submitted by Field Sales, supporting quote requests and customer bid proposals, acting as liaison between Field Sales and internal cross-functional product development teams for new product projects. The Associate PM may also lead projects of various scope and complexity, interface with functional departments, and coordinate necessary activities required to complete projects on a timely basis. Additional responsibilities include assisting the Product Managers with special projects and acting as focal point for external and internal people to contact for assistance and problem resolution.
- BS degree in Business, Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of two years experience in Product Management or related work experience.
- Strong business judgement and decision-making capability
- Skilled in market research and voice-of-customer collection.
- Basic project management and analytical skills with a track record of delivering results in a timely, effective manner.
- Ability to multi-task and function in a dynamic environment
- Strong writing skills with ability to prepare succinct, grammatically correct, written communications and the ability to prepare professional, researched, marketing communication materials.
- Strong communication skills with ability to create and deliver professional, effective presentations
- Knowledge of patent research and understanding of intellectual property
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Lotus Notes.