State-of-the-art technologies. Start-to-finish involvement. At Siemon, these are just some of the tools we put in the hands of employees. The result is the most comprehensive range of IT infrastructure solutions for Data Centers, Intelligent Buildings and LANs. Our products connect the world, making it possible to communicate and transmit information across companies, campuses, customers and continents. The combination of Siemon’s high-performance products, value-add solutions and long-standing commitment to its customers and the industry have earned the company an impressive customer list that spans multiple markets, including over one-third of Global 500 companies and some of the biggest corporate, government, educational, financial, medical and industrial organizations in business. Our environment inspires creativity in your work, supported by the tools you need to excel in your career.
Since 1903, Siemon employees have taken pride in being part of a family-run, privately-owned company. It all started with the first Carl Siemon, the founder of the company and some innovative ideas. Today we are considered a mid-sized global company. The majority of our employees are based at our corporate headquarters in Watertown, Connecticut, USA, a picturesque New England town located a little over an hour from New York City and 2 1/2 hours from Boston that was first settled in 1700 and is home to about 21,000 residents and growing. Many Siemon employees are also located nationally and internationally, and we have expanding offices in China, Australia, Singapore, Latin America, Brazil, UK, Czech Republic, Dubai and many other locations around the world.
Siemon offers a wide range of professional careers, as well as entry-level positions, in the areas of engineering, manufacturing and automation, quality control, sales and marketing, customer service, finance, technical support, information systems and more. We also employ student interns during the summer months and co-operative education students who typically spend six months working on in-depth projects as a way to apply academic and experiential learning. Siemon offers excellent employee benefits, including:
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance with dental and vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability salary continuation plan
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k)/Profit Sharing Plan
- Quarterly Performance Bonus Program for all employees
- Education Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Credit Union
- Employee Gym
- Paid Vacation and Company Holidays
NOTE: The above benefits apply to qualified domestic employees only. Other countries may have different plans.
The list below does not necessarily represent a complete list of all open positions. If the position is open, qualified candidates will be contacted. If you are interested in these or other exciting careers at Siemon, please submit a resume for immediate consideration to email@example.com.
Jun 4, 2021, 15:51 PM
Title : Toolmaker
Department : Metal Stamping
City : Watertown
Department : Manufacturing
State : CT
To effectively make repairs / corrections to tooling in a timely manner so as to maintain and improve overall tool performance and efficiency. To ensure that production requirements, as they relate to tooling, are continually met / exceeded. Leadership role within the department.
- Implements cost effective permanent repairs/corrections to tooling in order to improve tool performance and efficiency.
- Effectively recognizes and reports tooling print changes / errors in a timely manner ensuring that performance specifications are continually met / exceeded.
- Efficiently utilizes all required machinery and measuring equipment relating to the repair of tooling.
- Lay out complicated dies, including progressive tooling, according to established specifications independently or with little supervision.
- Effectively and efficiently diagnoses and corrects production problems related to tooling in a timely and orderly manner.
- Responsible for ensuring that all press and tooling safeties are in place and operating properly in order to maintain a safe working environment.
- Assists in the training of apprentices and class "B" toolmakers, as directed
- by Manufacturing Supervisor.
- Ensures that apprentices assigned to them correctly perform their tasks within the time allocated.
- Submits samples to the quality department in a timely and organized manner in order to meet / exceed the quality specifications cited on the applicable inspection instruction sheet.
- Effectively assists in the training of set-up personnel in proper tooling set-up procedures, including the starting of the strip.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum 7-years demonstrated successful experience in a progressive stamping environment.
• Demonstrated ability to read and interpret complex blueprints.PC skills
• Tool & Die journeyman certificate.
• Four-Slide experience a plus.