State-of-the-art technologies. Start-to-finish involvement. At Siemon, these are just some of the tools we put in the hands of employees. The result is the most comprehensive range of IT infrastructure solutions for Data Centers, Intelligent Buildings and LANs. Our products connect the world, making it possible to communicate and transmit information across companies, campuses, customers and continents. The combination of Siemon’s high-performance products, value-add solutions and long-standing commitment to its customers and the industry have earned the company an impressive customer list that spans multiple markets, including over one-third of Global 500 companies and some of the biggest corporate, government, educational, financial, medical and industrial organizations in business. Our environment inspires creativity in your work, supported by the tools you need to excel in your career.
Since 1903, Siemon employees have taken pride in being part of a family-run, privately-owned company. It all started with the first Carl Siemon, the founder of the company and some innovative ideas. Today we are considered a mid-sized global company. The majority of our employees are based at our corporate headquarters in Watertown, Connecticut, USA, a picturesque New England town located a little over an hour from New York City and 2 1/2 hours from Boston that was first settled in 1700 and is home to about 21,000 residents and growing. Many Siemon employees are also located nationally and internationally, and we have expanding offices in China, Australia, Singapore, Latin America, Brazil, UK, Czech Republic, Dubai and many other locations around the world.
Siemon offers a wide range of professional careers, as well as entry-level positions, in the areas of engineering, manufacturing and automation, quality control, sales and marketing, customer service, finance, technical support, information systems and more. We also employ student interns during the summer months and co-operative education students who typically spend six months working on in-depth projects as a way to apply academic and experiential learning. Siemon offers excellent employee benefits, including:
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance with dental and vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability salary continuation plan
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k)/Profit Sharing Plan
- Quarterly Performance Bonus Program for all employees
- Education Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Credit Union
- Employee Gym
- Paid Vacation and Company Holidays
NOTE: The above benefits apply to qualified domestic employees only. Other countries may have different plans.
The list below does not necessarily represent a complete list of all open positions. If the position is open, qualified candidates will be contacted. If you are interested in these or other exciting careers at Siemon, please submit a resume for immediate consideration to email@example.com.
May 24, 2021, 16:34 PM
Title : Tool Designer
Department : Metal Stamping
City : Watertown
Department : Manufacture/Engineering
State : CT
Design and maintain design updates on dies, tools, fixtures, and gauges. Work with Tool & Die makers to assist in trouble shooting Metal Stamping tooling. Support Metal Stamping Production Department as required.
Responsible for designing, standardizing and updating metal stamping tool designs in order to reduce production costs and optimize product output and quality. Activities include design verification, generation of metal stamping tools and drawings/specifications; responsible for managing and administrating both hard-copy and electronic specifications, as well as for execution of required document control practices. Also responsible for verification, implementation and validation of Engineering revisions that may be requested by Sales, Quality, Production or other departments.
- Design and maintain design updates on complex dies, tools, fixtures, gages, machines, machine attachments and other devices.
- Maintain a system to obtain and update all customer requirements and specifications regarding all dimensional and functional product characteristics, including raw material specifications.
- Maintain a master print file and maintaining a master revision list of all customer documents.
- Maintain an engineering change notice program for the routing of all new and revised customer and divisional specifications.
- To provide dedicated link between product development and manufacturing to ensure effective transitions of new products from engineering to manufacturing including documentation, gauging and initial operator training.
- Maintains a continuously high level of organization, productivity and efficiency as reflected by timely and satisfactory status reporting and completion of assigned projects and tasks.
- High School/Tech School diploma
- 10 years experience in Progressive Metal Stamping tool design
- Intermediate PC skills including Word and Excel
- Proficient in Solid Works
- A.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- State of CT Tool & Die journeyman Certficate or equivalent
- Design experience in metal stamping
- Experience with Automation equipment
- Familiar with OSHA safety standards relative to equipment