State-of-the-art technologies. Start-to-finish involvement. At Siemon, these are just some of the tools we put in the hands of employees. The result is the most comprehensive range of IT infrastructure solutions for Data Centers, Intelligent Buildings and LANs. Our products connect the world, making it possible to communicate and transmit information across companies, campuses, customers and continents. The combination of Siemon’s high-performance products, value-add solutions and long-standing commitment to its customers and the industry have earned the company an impressive customer list that spans multiple markets, including over one-third of Global 500 companies and some of the biggest corporate, government, educational, financial, medical and industrial organizations in business. Our environment inspires creativity in your work, supported by the tools you need to excel in your career.
Since 1903, Siemon employees have taken pride in being part of a family-run, privately-owned company. It all started with the first Carl Siemon, the founder of the company and some innovative ideas. Today we are considered a mid-sized global company. The majority of our employees are based at our corporate headquarters in Watertown, Connecticut, USA, a picturesque New England town located a little over an hour from New York City and 2 1/2 hours from Boston that was first settled in 1700 and is home to about 21,000 residents and growing. Many Siemon employees are also located nationally and internationally, and we have expanding offices in China, Australia, Singapore, Latin America, Brazil, UK, Czech Republic, Dubai and many other locations around the world.
Siemon offers a wide range of professional careers, as well as entry-level positions, in the areas of engineering, manufacturing and automation, quality control, sales and marketing, customer service, finance, technical support, information systems and more. We also employ student interns during the summer months and co-operative education students who typically spend six months working on in-depth projects as a way to apply academic and experiential learning. Siemon offers excellent employee benefits, including:
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance with dental and vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability salary continuation plan
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k)/Profit Sharing Plan
- Quarterly Performance Bonus Program for all employees
- Education Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Credit Union
- Employee Gym
- Paid Vacation and Company Holidays
NOTE: The above benefits apply to qualified domestic employees only. Other countries may have different plans.
The list below does not necessarily represent a complete list of all open positions. If the position is open, qualified candidates will be contacted. If you are interested in these or other exciting careers at Siemon, please submit a resume for immediate consideration to email@example.com.
SIS Inside Sales & Marketing/Associate Project Manager
Works closely with the SIS Marketing Manager and Marketing Specialist to provide assistance in the coordination and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities. Using integrated marketing methods/vehicles, this individual will assist in the development of a wide range of marketing collateral that generates product, system and corporate awareness in support of key company initiatives that are designed to elevate the company’s brand image, drive business opportunities and stimulate sales.
Project management responsibilities include assisting the VP of SIS, Product Managers, Sales Manager or Salespeople with special projects and acting as focal point for external and internal people to contact for assistance and problem resolution.
Responsible for the planning, organizing, and leading small customer focused projects. This position requires skills in managing cross-functional teams. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, creating and maintaining project plans, schedules, budgets and providing timely and accurate status reports. Coordination efforts with other departments and users are required to ensure delivery to project timelines and within the project budget.
- Undergraduate four-year degree preferred or equivalent two years Inside Sales experience.
- Willingness to grow within the inside sales role with goal for advancement into Outside Sales
- Strong business judgement and decision-making capability.
- Skilled in market research and voice-of-customer collection.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- IT product/system knowledge and structured cabling knowledge a plus.
- Basic project management and analytical skills with a track record of delivering results in a timely, effective manner.
- Ability to set priorities, be well-organized, self-motivated, detail oriented and ability to multi-task and function in a -dynamic environment
- Strong self-starter with excellent writing skills with ability to prepare succinct, grammatically correct, written communications with the ability to prepare professional, researched, marketing communication materials.
- Presentation and speaking skills with ability to create and deliver professional, effective presentations
- Willingness and ability to follow direction and work in a global team environment with the flexibility to multi-task.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Proficient in using Social media tools
- Ability to travel as needed