State-of-the-art technologies. Start-to-finish involvement. At Siemon, these are just some of the tools we put in the hands of employees. The result is the most comprehensive range of IT infrastructure solutions for Data Centers, Intelligent Buildings and LANs. Our products connect the world, making it possible to communicate and transmit information across companies, campuses, customers and continents. The combination of Siemon’s high-performance products, value-add solutions and long-standing commitment to its customers and the industry have earned the company an impressive customer list that spans multiple markets, including over one-third of Global 500 companies and some of the biggest corporate, government, educational, financial, medical and industrial organizations in business. Our environment inspires creativity in your work, supported by the tools you need to excel in your career.
Since 1903, Siemon employees have taken pride in being part of a family-run, privately-owned company. It all started with the first Carl Siemon, the founder of the company and some innovative ideas. Today we are considered a mid-sized global company. The majority of our employees are based at our corporate headquarters in Watertown, Connecticut, USA, a picturesque New England town located a little over an hour from New York City and 2 1/2 hours from Boston that was first settled in 1700 and is home to about 21,000 residents and growing. Many Siemon employees are also located nationally and internationally, and we have expanding offices in China, Australia, Singapore, Latin America, Brazil, UK, Czech Republic, Dubai and many other locations around the world.
Siemon offers a wide range of professional careers, as well as entry-level positions, in the areas of engineering, manufacturing and automation, quality control, sales and marketing, customer service, finance, technical support, information systems and more. We also employ student interns during the summer months and co-operative education students who typically spend six months working on in-depth projects as a way to apply academic and experiential learning. Siemon offers excellent employee benefits, including:
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance with dental and vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability salary continuation plan
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k)/Profit Sharing Plan
- Quarterly Performance Bonus Program for all employees
- Education Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Credit Union
- Employee Gym
- Paid Vacation and Company Holidays
NOTE: The above benefits apply to qualified domestic employees only. Other countries may have different plans.
The list below does not necessarily represent a complete list of all open positions. If the position is open, qualified candidates will be contacted. If you are interested in these or other exciting careers at Siemon, please submit a resume for immediate consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sales and Market Manager- Telco
To develop and execute Siemon’s Telco business plan. This position will understand the emerging technologies and cabling systems deployed in wireless base station build outs, the conversion of Telco Central Offices to data centers and Telco data centers. The plan needs to account for market segments, market leaders and competitors, emerging technologies and channels to market as well as to align and leverage our capabilities with the various segments of this emerging market and determine the best fit for current and future Siemon products and services.
This position requires solid knowledge of Telcos, Wireless Carriers, Tower operators and tier 1 Telco equipment vendors as well as their distribution channels. Responsibility for this position includes researching and quantifying the value of each opportunity as well as identifying the addressable market size. This position will analyze and understand the potential market share for Siemon and develop a strategic plan to position Siemon to win market share from our major competitors. This position shall have in depth knowledge of current trends as it relates applications, performance, pricing, competition and other areas that are critical to successfully compete in this market.
This position has direct Sales responsibility for strategic Telco accounts and their sales channels. Sales growth will be achieved by leveraging the Company product portfolio, services, programs and resources; and managing the product approval process required by Telcos and their Tier 1 suppliers. The primary geographic market is the United States, and secondary markets are Canada and Mexico.
- B.S./B.A. Degree in technical related discipline or equivalent required
- A minimum (5) years of demonstrated sales success working in the Telco market
- Market and Product Management experience and ability desired
- Knowledge of Telco and Premise interconnect and cabling infrastructure products
- Knowledge of the Telco and wireless product applications, leading suppliers and distributors
- Ability to create and effectively implement detailed business plans, establish priorities and organize activities
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills.
- Ability to network and develop and leverage complementary strategic sales and marketing partnerships
- Ability to interpret RFI and RFP technical specifications and the ability to effectively present and sell Siemon specification proposals.
- Professional business image and effective relationship building and analytical skills
- Self-motivated, flexible, resourceful and willingness to embrace new challenges and travel as needed on short notice up to 75% out of area of residence.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively and creatively deal with customer problems and concerns as they develop.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize P.C (MS Office, Outlook, Excel, Salesforce, etc) and other tools to accomplish activities.