State-of-the-art technologies. Start-to-finish involvement. At Siemon, these are just some of the tools we put in the hands of employees. The result is the most comprehensive range of IT infrastructure solutions for Data Centers, Intelligent Buildings and LANs. Our products connect the world, making it possible to communicate and transmit information across companies, campuses, customers and continents. The combination of Siemon’s high-performance products, value-add solutions and long-standing commitment to its customers and the industry have earned the company an impressive customer list that spans multiple markets, including over one-third of Global 500 companies and some of the biggest corporate, government, educational, financial, medical and industrial organizations in business. Our environment inspires creativity in your work, supported by the tools you need to excel in your career.
Since 1903, Siemon employees have taken pride in being part of a family-run, privately-owned company. It all started with the first Carl Siemon, the founder of the company and some innovative ideas. Today we are considered a mid-sized global company. The majority of our employees are based at our corporate headquarters in Watertown, Connecticut, USA, a picturesque New England town located a little over an hour from New York City and 2 1/2 hours from Boston that was first settled in 1700 and is home to about 21,000 residents and growing. Many Siemon employees are also located nationally and internationally, and we have expanding offices in China, Australia, Singapore, Latin America, Brazil, UK, Czech Republic, Dubai and many other locations around the world.
Siemon offers a wide range of professional careers, as well as entry-level positions, in the areas of engineering, manufacturing and automation, quality control, sales and marketing, customer service, finance, technical support, information systems and more. We also employ student interns during the summer months and co-operative education students who typically spend six months working on in-depth projects as a way to apply academic and experiential learning. Siemon offers excellent employee benefits, including:
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance with dental and vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability salary continuation plan
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k)/Profit Sharing Plan
- Quarterly Performance Bonus Program for all employees
- Education Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Credit Union
- Employee Gym
- Paid Vacation and Company Holidays
NOTE: The above benefits apply to qualified domestic employees only. Other countries may have different plans.
The list below does not necessarily represent a complete list of all open positions. If the position is open, qualified candidates will be contacted. If you are interested in these or other exciting careers at Siemon, please submit a resume for immediate consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regional Sales Manager – Data Centre Specialist London/Amsterdam/Frankfurt
Responsible for achieving the Company’s sales objectives within the assigned market through well organised planning, effective time management, and utilisation of Company strategies, programmes and resources. The Regional Sales Manager - Data Centre Specialist acts as the primary contact for assigned Cloud/Colo and Hyperscale web giant data centre accounts and all assoiciated environments and facilities. The position will focus on understanding, penetrating, and operating within the "Cloud/Colo" and "Hyperscale" environment and doing so with the support of ecosystem partners and internal subject matter experts.
NB this role will have a named account rather than a geographical focus (the geography will be wherever the named accounts are located primarily within Europe.
- Working out of a home office practicing effective time management
- Will be assigned sales target based on named accounts. Most of these will be new and will require ground up development from initial prospecting.
- Meets or exceeds the annual sales growth target in named accounts by leveraging the company strategies, resources and best practices.
- Creates and executes a plan to target and penetrate named accounts in the Web Giant/Hyperscale space.
- Develops general Colo accounts and adds to named accounts list with approval of
- Territory Sales Manager (TSM) and General Regional Manager (GRM).
- Supports other geographically focused Regional Sales Manager with Cloud/Colo accounts they may be developing with knowledge, insight and any contacts.
- Identifies new product development/specification opportunities.
- Establishes written goals and objectives with the assigned manager.
- Effectively utilises all company sales tools and resources including but not limited to; Sales Force.com, Marketing, Customer Service, Product Management, Market Managers, Technical Services Group, and others.
- Maintains technical and sales proficiency through on-going professional development and training.
- Manages pre-sale and post-sale activities to customer’s satisfaction.
- Must be self-motivated to stay current on industry trends and be a strong networker with other industry professionals.
- Maintains travel and entertainment expenses to budget and according to established guidelines.
- Relevant B.S./B.A. Degree - technical related discipline preferred
- Proven experience working with data centres including cloud service providers, colocation/hosting companies, (experience selling into Hyperscale data centres is preferred)
- Proven track record in sales with strong case references/successes
- Strong understanding of purchasing and project planning procedures within target organisations and ability to navigate effectively
- This position depends on value selling and technology selling and requires a strong understanding of company products, services and programmes and a strong understanding of hyperscale data centre topologies and practices
- Strong knowledge of Siemon competitor solutions and strategies
- Data centre design experience/certification
- Working knowledge of the Open Compute Project
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills including the ability to develop presentation content.
Strong internal and external collaboration skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain productive relationships with all stakeholders within assigned accounts, the partner ecosystem and internal subject matter experts.
- Must be a highly adaptable and strategic thinker
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally and on short notice