State-of-the-art technologies. Start-to-finish involvement. At Siemon, these are just some of the tools we put in the hands of employees. The result is the most comprehensive range of IT infrastructure solutions for Data Centers, Intelligent Buildings and LANs. Our products connect the world, making it possible to communicate and transmit information across companies, campuses, customers and continents. The combination of Siemon’s high-performance products, value-add solutions and long-standing commitment to its customers and the industry have earned the company an impressive customer list that spans multiple markets, including over one-third of Global 500 companies and some of the biggest corporate, government, educational, financial, medical and industrial organizations in business. Our environment inspires creativity in your work, supported by the tools you need to excel in your career.
Since 1903, Siemon employees have taken pride in being part of a family-run, privately-owned company. It all started with the first Carl Siemon, the founder of the company and some innovative ideas. Today we are considered a mid-sized global company. The majority of our employees are based at our corporate headquarters in Watertown, Connecticut, USA, a picturesque New England town located a little over an hour from New York City and 2 1/2 hours from Boston that was first settled in 1700 and is home to about 21,000 residents and growing. Many Siemon employees are also located nationally and internationally, and we have expanding offices in China, Australia, Singapore, Latin America, Brazil, UK, Czech Republic, Dubai and many other locations around the world.
Siemon offers a wide range of professional careers, as well as entry-level positions, in the areas of engineering, manufacturing and automation, quality control, sales and marketing, customer service, finance, technical support, information systems and more. We also employ student interns during the summer months and co-operative education students who typically spend six months working on in-depth projects as a way to apply academic and experiential learning. Siemon offers excellent employee benefits, including:
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance with dental and vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability salary continuation plan
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k)/Profit Sharing Plan
- Quarterly Performance Bonus Program for all employees
- Education Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Credit Union
- Employee Gym
- Paid Vacation and Company Holidays
NOTE: The above benefits apply to qualified domestic employees only. Other countries may have different plans.
The list below does not necessarily represent a complete list of all open positions. If the position is open, qualified candidates will be contacted. If you are interested in these or other exciting careers at Siemon, please submit a resume for immediate consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Global Supply Chain Manager
To develop and implement world class fulfillment and logistics capabilities that are highly automated and efficient in support of business strategies and customer needs. This role requires project management expertise and the ability to lead cross functional teams of internal and external resources to develop innovative systems and solutions, which collectively provide optimized fulfillment plans for quotes and orders resulting in lowest delivered cost by customer need date.Establish seamless supply chain integration between our suppliers, operations, distributors and logistics providers through both daily execution improvements and larger end-to-end supply chain (e2e) initiatives. To develop and execute strategies and plans that continually refine and optimize Siemon’s global supply chain structure and organization to support market share growth according to our balanced business plans.
- MBA or master’s degree in Engineering or Supply Chain Management desired.Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years’ experience working on – or closely with – supply chain teams for a global organization.
- Project management experience, specifically coordinating across multiple functions (supply chain, manufacturing operations, engineering, product management, sales, etc.).
- Strong executive presence; comfortable with providing key deliverables and updates across all levels of management.Comfortable presenting to potential customers.
- Experience with sales and operations planning that interconnects plans with factories, logistics centers, suppliers and channel partners to manage and control inventory, capacity and logistics costs.
- Ability to maintain poise and a positive attitude in a challenging, fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- ERP system experience and ability to creatively collaborate with IT to interconnect multiple databases and applications.
- Experience managing teams and demonstrated ability to coach, develop and empower direct reports.
- Six sigma blackbelt or greenbelt desired.