State-of-the-art technologies. Start-to-finish involvement. At Siemon, these are just some of the tools we put in the hands of employees. The result is the most comprehensive range of IT infrastructure solutions for Data Centers, Intelligent Buildings and LANs. Our products connect the world, making it possible to communicate and transmit information across companies, campuses, customers and continents. The combination of Siemon’s high-performance products, value-add solutions and long-standing commitment to its customers and the industry have earned the company an impressive customer list that spans multiple markets, including over one-third of Global 500 companies and some of the biggest corporate, government, educational, financial, medical and industrial organizations in business. Our environment inspires creativity in your work, supported by the tools you need to excel in your career.
Since 1903, Siemon employees have taken pride in being part of a family-run, privately-owned company. It all started with the first Carl Siemon, the founder of the company and some innovative ideas. Today we are considered a mid-sized global company. The majority of our employees are based at our corporate headquarters in Watertown, Connecticut, USA, a picturesque New England town located a little over an hour from New York City and 2 1/2 hours from Boston that was first settled in 1700 and is home to about 21,000 residents and growing. Many Siemon employees are also located nationally and internationally, and we have expanding offices in China, Australia, Singapore, Latin America, Brazil, UK, Czech Republic, Dubai and many other locations around the world.
Siemon offers a wide range of professional careers, as well as entry-level positions, in the areas of engineering, manufacturing and automation, quality control, sales and marketing, customer service, finance, technical support, information systems and more. We also employ student interns during the summer months and co-operative education students who typically spend six months working on in-depth projects as a way to apply academic and experiential learning. Siemon offers excellent employee benefits, including:
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance with dental and vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability salary continuation plan
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k)/Profit Sharing Plan
- Quarterly Performance Bonus Program for all employees
- Education Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Credit Union
- Employee Gym
- Paid Vacation and Company Holidays
NOTE: The above benefits apply to qualified domestic employees only. Other countries may have different plans.
The list below does not necessarily represent a complete list of all open positions. If the position is open, qualified candidates will be contacted. If you are interested in these or other exciting careers at Siemon, please submit a resume for immediate consideration to email@example.com.
Global Purchasing Manager
Responsible for developing, executing and maintaining a comprehensive global supplier strategy with emphasis on quality, cost control, availability and delivery. Prioritize and cultivate quality capable “partner” suppliers who consistently provide the best total landed cost, lead-times, inventory investment, system integration and value adding resources in support of product and process development. Continually improve the value of supplier relationships, enabling them to become virtual extensions of the company. Develop and maintain an effective team of purchasing professionals that consistently demonstrate effective communication, cooperation, critical thinking, project management and negotiation skills. Take an active role in understanding our company’s strategic direction and the role of Purchasing in achieving our key goals and strategies and collaborate with the leadership team to achieve those goals.
- BS/BA in a Supply Chain Management or other Business related discipline.
- Proven effective job performance with purchasing, materials management and inventory control
- Success in developing a purchasing team that demonstrates strong negotiation skills and ability to develop and manage relationships and contracts with suppliers of purchased goods and services
- ERP System knowledge relating to purchasing, supplier and materials management – including the ability to develop and implement system level procedures that document best practices and workflows that are consistently applied by all staff in all locations.
- Ability to develop and maintain supplier qualification and management systems using key performance indicators for both the purchasing function and suppliers.
- Proven management & leadership skills to hire, train, and develop a highly effective global purchasing team.
- Flexible, motivated and capable of making changes to improve and sustain functional proficiency while adapting to changing business and customer needs
- Driven self-starter with the ability to be self-directed.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally up to 30%.
- Master’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or other business related discipline
- Project management skills that include an ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams
- Experience working within a dynamic global corporate environment
- Experience working in close cooperation with supply chain management functions such as logistics, planning and forecasting
- Ability to apply lean enterprise concepts to purchasing systems and supplier management
- APICS and CPIM certification
- Experience with electronic data interchange (EDI) and vendor managed inventory (VMI) systems