State-of-the-art technologies. Start-to-finish involvement. At Siemon, these are just some of the tools we put in the hands of employees. The result is the most comprehensive range of IT infrastructure solutions for Data Centers, Intelligent Buildings and LANs. Our products connect the world, making it possible to communicate and transmit information across companies, campuses, customers and continents. The combination of Siemon’s high-performance products, value-add solutions and long-standing commitment to its customers and the industry have earned the company an impressive customer list that spans multiple markets, including over one-third of Global 500 companies and some of the biggest corporate, government, educational, financial, medical and industrial organizations in business. Our environment inspires creativity in your work, supported by the tools you need to excel in your career.
Since 1903, Siemon employees have taken pride in being part of a family-run, privately-owned company. It all started with the first Carl Siemon, the founder of the company and some innovative ideas. Today we are considered a mid-sized global company. The majority of our employees are based at our corporate headquarters in Watertown, Connecticut, USA, a picturesque New England town located a little over an hour from New York City and 2 1/2 hours from Boston that was first settled in 1700 and is home to about 21,000 residents and growing. Many Siemon employees are also located nationally and internationally, and we have expanding offices in China, Australia, Singapore, Latin America, Brazil, UK, Czech Republic, Dubai and many other locations around the world.
Siemon offers a wide range of professional careers, as well as entry-level positions, in the areas of engineering, manufacturing and automation, quality control, sales and marketing, customer service, finance, technical support, information systems and more. We also employ student interns during the summer months and co-operative education students who typically spend six months working on in-depth projects as a way to apply academic and experiential learning. Siemon offers excellent employee benefits, including:
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance with dental and vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability salary continuation plan
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k)/Profit Sharing Plan
- Quarterly Performance Bonus Program for all employees
- Education Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Credit Union
- Employee Gym
- Paid Vacation and Company Holidays
NOTE: The above benefits apply to qualified domestic employees only. Other countries may have different plans.
The list below does not necessarily represent a complete list of all open positions. If the position is open, qualified candidates will be contacted. If you are interested in these or other exciting careers at Siemon, please submit a resume for immediate consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Global Data Center Market Manager
This position will provide support and expertise to the global sales team to create and sustain partnering relationships with Managed Services Cloud and Colocation (Cloud/Colo) Data Center providers and ecosystem partners. The goal is to achieve specification of Siemon Cloud/Colo data center solutions. In support of this goal, this position will create and deliver seminars and training, support sales on customer calls, build strategic relationships with Data Center ecosystem partners and assist with content generation related marketing and educational materials.
- Data Center certifications or accreditations preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience working for or selling to Cloud/Colo providers
- Expert knowledge of the Cloud/Colo data center ecosystem, their business models, customer value propositions, products, and sales strategies
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with all stake holders within the Cloud/Colo operations, their preferred installer integrators and their ecosystem of preferred equipment suppliers.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with the major customers of Cloud/Colo providers, ie large end-users and their ecosystem of preferred suppliers.
- Knowledge of Data Center Leaf/Spine network topologies and associated infrastructure - cabinets/racks, PDUs, structured cabling, direct attach cabling and supporting software including DCIM.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills including the ability to develop presentation content.
- Experience/familiarity with the ANSI/TIA-942, Uptime Institute, and other data center industry standards.
- Ability to travel extensively, globally, and on short notice.