State-of-the-art technologies. Start-to-finish involvement. At Siemon, these are just some of the tools we put in the hands of employees. The result is the most comprehensive range of IT infrastructure solutions for Data Centers, Intelligent Buildings and LANs. Our products connect the world, making it possible to communicate and transmit information across companies, campuses, customers and continents. The combination of Siemon’s high-performance products, value-add solutions and long-standing commitment to its customers and the industry have earned the company an impressive customer list that spans multiple markets, including over one-third of Global 500 companies and some of the biggest corporate, government, educational, financial, medical and industrial organizations in business. Our environment inspires creativity in your work, supported by the tools you need to excel in your career.
Since 1903, Siemon employees have taken pride in being part of a family-run, privately-owned company. It all started with the first Carl Siemon, the founder of the company and some innovative ideas. Today we are considered a mid-sized global company. The majority of our employees are based at our corporate headquarters in Watertown, Connecticut, USA, a picturesque New England town located a little over an hour from New York City and 2 1/2 hours from Boston that was first settled in 1700 and is home to about 21,000 residents and growing. Many Siemon employees are also located nationally and internationally, and we have expanding offices in China, Australia, Singapore, Latin America, Brazil, UK, Czech Republic, Dubai and many other locations around the world.
Siemon offers a wide range of professional careers, as well as entry-level positions, in the areas of engineering, manufacturing and automation, quality control, sales and marketing, customer service, finance, technical support, information systems and more. We also employ student interns during the summer months and co-operative education students who typically spend six months working on in-depth projects as a way to apply academic and experiential learning. Siemon offers excellent employee benefits, including:
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance with dental and vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability salary continuation plan
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k)/Profit Sharing Plan
- Quarterly Performance Bonus Program for all employees
- Education Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Credit Union
- Employee Gym
- Paid Vacation and Company Holidays
NOTE: The above benefits apply to qualified domestic employees only. Other countries may have different plans.
The list below does not necessarily represent a complete list of all open positions. If the position is open, qualified candidates will be contacted. If you are interested in these or other exciting careers at Siemon, please submit a resume for immediate consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: Nov 21, 2022, 14:30 PM
Department: Research and Development Lab
Country: United States
The Compliance Engineer is responsible for reporting and execution of material and product compliance for Siemon products in the global marketplace. This position executes programs including documentation and assessment to support compliance with company policies, international standards, and global governmental regulations and drive the collection of compliance data from manufactures and supply chain partners while providing feedback on regulatory impact to management and engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 2-5 years’ experience with regulatory compliance in an industry that designs products involving telecommunications or electronics or current carrying components.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of various regulatory/compliance areas - including: NEC, UL, CuL, RoHS, REACH, Prop65, TSCA, Conflict Minerals and Sustainability programs
- Knowledge of compliance requirements for EMC & low voltage devices (LVD).
- Experience with databases to maintain compliance infomration.
- Knowledge of international conformity assessment programs.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Project
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Project management experience.
- The use of 3rd party compliance software, such as Assent, Toxnot, Suppliersoft etc.
- Methodical, organized and detail orientated work habits.
- Exhibits drive, initiative, and follow-up for timely completion of projects or activities.
- Ability to coordinate and interact with others from both inside and outside the company.