State-of-the-art technologies. Start-to-finish involvement. At Siemon, these are just some of the tools we put in the hands of employees. The result is the most comprehensive range of IT infrastructure solutions for Data Centers, Intelligent Buildings and LANs. Our products connect the world, making it possible to communicate and transmit information across companies, campuses, customers and continents. The combination of Siemon’s high-performance products, value-add solutions and long-standing commitment to its customers and the industry have earned the company an impressive customer list that spans multiple markets, including over one-third of Global 500 companies and some of the biggest corporate, government, educational, financial, medical and industrial organizations in business. Our environment inspires creativity in your work, supported by the tools you need to excel in your career.
Since 1903, Siemon employees have taken pride in being part of a family-run, privately-owned company. It all started with the first Carl Siemon, the founder of the company and some innovative ideas. Today we are considered a mid-sized global company. The majority of our employees are based at our corporate headquarters in Watertown, Connecticut, USA, a picturesque New England town located a little over an hour from New York City and 2 1/2 hours from Boston that was first settled in 1700 and is home to about 21,000 residents and growing. Many Siemon employees are also located nationally and internationally, and we have expanding offices in China, Australia, Singapore, Latin America, Brazil, UK, Czech Republic, Dubai and many other locations around the world.
Siemon offers a wide range of professional careers, as well as entry-level positions, in the areas of engineering, manufacturing and automation, quality control, sales and marketing, customer service, finance, technical support, information systems and more. We also employ student interns during the summer months and co-operative education students who typically spend six months working on in-depth projects as a way to apply academic and experiential learning. Siemon offers excellent employee benefits, including:
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance with dental and vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability salary continuation plan
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k)/Profit Sharing Plan
- Quarterly Performance Bonus Program for all employees
- Education Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Credit Union
- Employee Gym
- Paid Vacation and Company Holidays
NOTE: The above benefits apply to qualified domestic employees only. Other countries may have different plans.
The list below does not necessarily represent a complete list of all open positions. If the position is open, qualified candidates will be contacted. If you are interested in these or other exciting careers at Siemon, please submit a resume for immediate consideration to email@example.com.
Dec 22, 2021, 12:17 PM
Title : Application Developer
Department : Information Technology
City : REMOTE
Country : United States
Department : Information Technology
This position requires advanced Microsoft stack software development skills in the design, development, installation and maintenance of web applications and related business processes. This includes the analysis, design, development, testing, installation, and maintenance of these systems and interfacing with other developers to determine the most efficient and cost-effective approach to meet business requirements and needs. Siemon projects utilize a variety of hardware and software technologies and will include writing new code/modules, modifications to existing modules, and/or package implementation. These responsibilities require web architecture experience with good coding standards and best practices.
- Computer Science or Engineering degree.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience as a software application developer.
- Extensive experience with relational database technologies, MS SQL, MySQL, and Oracle.
- Extensive web service (SOAP & REST) experience and proficiency is required.
- Experience working within both waterfall and Agile (Scrum) project methodologies is a plus.
- Should be able to work independently and have hands on coding experience.
- Proven leadership and mentoring experience.
- Proven record as a critical thinker/problem solver on technical and business process problems.
- Is a highly productive, highly capable developer that can demonstrate efficient solutions to complex problems.
- Strong self-starter with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Methodical, organized and detail-oriented work habits.
- Attention to detail - ability to produce accurate and high-quality work is critical.