If you are interested in these or other exciting careers at The Siemon
Company, please submit a resume for immediate consideration.
NOTE: This does not respresent a complete list of all open positions.
If the position is open, qualified candidates will be contacted.
|ERA Demand Analyst|
|Main Aspect of Job|
The Demand Analyst is responsible for generating and modifying forecasts using
historical data for baseline trending for the ERA Region. This position works with sales,
internal teams, channel partners, end users and CRM/Quotes to identify project
requirements for future business and supports demand related to customer projects. The
Demand Analyst is also responsible for creating and distributing forecasting reports and
performing value-added analysis. This position will identify ways of improving quote
linkage, forecast accuracy and reporting processes with the goal of material availability
that is aligned with project requirements, anchor accounts and balanced business plans.
• Generate monthly baseline forecasts using demand history trending, including
seasonality and other key information gathered from internal and external sources
• Load forecasts using automated tools (API)
• Evaluate alternatives to forecasting, when appropriate, such as fixed safety stock
or supplier’s stock plans. Working closely with Planning, Product Management,
• Review monthly forecast WMAPE reports to ensure accuracy and develop
detailed improvement plans when corrective action is required
• Coordinate with other regional demand analysts to communicate cross-region
• Act as point person for the ERA forecasting process
• Collaborate with Planning, Purchasing, and Production to communicate changes
and optimize on-time shipments and inventory turns
• Coordinate with Product Managers on forecast setting for highly dynamic and new
• Review FSS (Fixed Safety Stock) items quarterly, follow procedure to set new
recommended FSS level and submit to Planning for review.
Major Customer Project Forecasting and Management
• Review CRM/Linked Quotes information to identify future project requirements
• Work closely with Sales to ensure that all project requirements are known and
acted upon throughout the project lifecycle.
• Lead teams focused on supporting large-scale customer projects including
establishing direct contact with channel partners and end users with the goal of
understanding and ensuring material availability in accordance with the project
• Take action on project information (via forecasting or other means) to ensure
adequate supply of product to meet customer’s project schedule utilizing pipeline
forecast or Project Support Orders PSO
• Monitor projects for any changes or follow-on product requirements such as
additional project phases
• Provide CRM database training and assistance for the sales force for forecasting related
content such as accurate project information and quote maintenance
• Support ERA Global Regional Manager in reporting and analytic tools
• Manage and maintain Project Support Orders (PSO) by acting as control point for
all PSO requests under the supervision of the Demand Management Lead. Put all
PSOs through the PSO template and risk analysis. Acquire approval from the
CFO as per procedure.
Reporting and Analysis
• Utilize forecasting WMAPE analytic tools to identify opportunities to improve KPIs
• Provide value added Ad Hoc reporting in support of the sales force using various
report writing software as it relates to demand vs. forecast
• Contribute to team effort to analyze distributor buying patterns, end user buying
patterns (POS), seasonality patterns, and distributor inventory levels to
recommend the proper mix of inventory at distribution and feed information back
|Qualifications and Experience|
• Educated to Bachelor’s Degree level or equivalent in a business related discipline
• Experience in an analytical reporting role providing support preferably to the sales
organization through reporting, analysis and information management.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Excellent attention to detail and proven organizational skills.
• Fluency in utilizing report writing software (i.e. Cognos, Discoverer, CRM, SPSS
• Fluency in written and spoken English.
• Experience of Oracle or SAP ERP.
• Supply Chain and/or MRP experience.
• Proven ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Strong interpersonal, organisational and follow-up skills.
• Resourceful and customer focused
• Well-organised and accurate with the ability to prioritise workload.
• Ability to express sound commercial judgment.
• Creative problem solving
• Team player.
The Siemon Company
101 Siemon Company Drive
Watertown, CT 06795