If you are interested in these or other exciting careers at The Siemon
Company, please submit a resume for immediate consideration.
NOTE: This does not respresent a complete list of all open positions.
If the position is open, qualified candidates will be contacted.
|Technical Manager India|
|Main Aspect of Job|
To effectively support Siemon employees and customers in India with technical expertise to better position the Company’s products and solutions for enterprise, data centre solutions and specifications for ongoing generation of business opportunities.
To work with Sales & Marketing to promote the complete range of products and solutions in defined territories to achieve sales growth in line with Company expectations.
1. Accurately and effectively delivers the quality training programmes designed to represent Siemon’s commitment to industry standards for the design and implementation of structured cabling to various types and sizes of audience.
2. Work with Sales & Marketing to promote the complete range of products and solutions in defined territories to achieve sales growth in line with Company expectations.
3. Managing Siemon’s network of Certified Installers (CIs) as required.
4. Generating market awareness for enterprise and data centre solutions through presentations, conferences and marketing initiatives.
5. Conducting site assessments, toolbox training and audits for major end customer installation sites. Providing post-installation report and ensuring that project meets customer’s design standards.
6. Provision of first line technical support for Inside Sales/CSR team in the region.
7. Working with the EMEA sales team to position Siemon’s enterprise and data centre solutions. This will involve ongoing training of the sales team and provision of design support services as well as supporting them in specific opportunities.
8. Provision of technical support relating to enterprise and data centre opportunities in support of EMEA sales force to CIs, Consultants, End Users, Distributors, VARs, etc.
9. Working with customers, CIs and contractors to provide enterprise and data centre design support.
10.Provision of after sales support where appropriate.
11.Supporting external sales on preparation and submission of BOMs, proposals, tenders, RFIs, etc, coordinating assistance as required.
12.Effectively delivers technical presentations at seminars, tradeshows and other technical forums when requested.
13.Active involvement with relevant Standards committees as required.
14.Maintenance and self-development of industry technical information and material that would be advantageous to Siemon and its customers.
· Fluent written and spoken English.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Superior technical writing and verbal communications skills.
· Strong interpersonal, organisational and follow-up skills.
· Capable of creating and delivering effective sales presentations.
· Demonstrates ability to utilise PC and other tools to accomplish activities.
· Strong team player with the ability to work in a supporting role.
· Flexible attitude.
· Pragmatic approach towards problem-solving.
· Ability to interact with all levels of employees, internal departments and external contacts effectively.
· Current valid driving licence and ability to travel significantly as and when required, often at short notice.
Qualifications and Experience
· Educated to degree level or equivalent technical qualification.
· Significant experience in a technical role in the structured cabling industry.
· In-depth knowledge of all aspects of structured cabling office and data centre design principles and installation practices.
· Good understanding of network and networking applications.
· Good understanding of the telecommunications industry beyond structured cabling including market development and changes in active equipment.
· Relevant professional telecommunications qualification or willing to commit to studying towards.
|Home-based in Delhi, India|
The Siemon Company
101 Siemon Company Drive
Watertown, CT 06795