If you are interested in these or other exciting careers at The Siemon
Company, please submit a resume for immediate consideration.
NOTE: This does not respresent a complete list of all open positions.
If the position is open, qualified candidates will be contacted.
|POSITION PURPOSE: |
· Maximize service levels to customers by coordinating required delivery of materials and associated activities necessary to ensure on-time delivery within standard lead-times for all finished goods.
· Manage inventory levels to achieve targeted turns through optimization of MRP planning parameters, and managing supplier deliveries in coordination with logistics personnel without negatively impacting cost, service or production schedules.
· Affect change by identifying and acting on opportunities for continuous improvement aligned with company strategies and supply chain vision to deliver perfect orders at the lowest delivered cost through active leadership and team participation with new product introductions, engineering/process revisions and supply chain development.
1. Performs planning routines to support customer orders and acts on releases and exception messages from the workbench daily.
2. Works in partnership with Customer Service representatives to manage and service orders with the goal of 100% customer satisfaction.
3. Manages inventory levels, and material availability, either manufactured or purchased, to meet production schedules and customer deliveries.
4. Releases purchase orders for production material and finished good supplier items when required and without creating slow or excess inventory
5. Interfaces with manufacturing personnel, demand management, the purchasing department, logistics and supervisors on material status, production planning issues, freight costs and workbench execution.
6. Inventory management & strategies. Ongoing optimization of planning parameters to align with inventory and supply strategies to balance purchase price, delivery cost and inventory turns.
7. Automated supply chain sustainability by aligning your planning parameters to connect to forecast verses historical demand to proactively capture demand trending quickly.
8. Aligning planning parameters to provide lowest total landed cost of products to our customers. Understand that supply chain management spans all movement and storage of raw materials, work-in-process inventory and finished goods from point of origin to point of consumption
9. Identify and reduce or eliminate all types of waste, such as excess inventory in all areas of a supply chain. Effectively prevent, analyze and manage surplus and obsolete inventories with recommended disposition.
10. Maintenance of ATP rules and responsibility for prompt recovery from 999 events, along with active collaboration with Demand Analysts on analysis to prevent stock-outs and 999 events.
11. Supplier management relating to day to day responsibilities
12. Work closely with Engineering and Demand Management on new product introductions, ECRs, OCRs, and production/supply issues as they arise. Lead efforts to ensure material availability to standard lead-time (ATP rule) at product launch. Minimize time to market on new items. Avoid excess/ obsolete inventory due to design changes. Manage material disposition at end-of-life or obsolescence of materials.
13. Demonstrate problem solving/analytics, communication proficiency, decision making & collaboration skills in performing core responsibilities. Takes an active role in continuous improvement through effective CI closure and engagement with our global planning community and others as a Subject Matter Expert.
· Bachelor’s Degree in a Business or related discipline or equivalent work experience
· Purchasing/Planning/Supply Chain experience or desire to move into.
· APICS, NAPM, ISM or equivalent certification or willing to work towards.
· Hands on MRP experience with responsibility for ERP database management as related to aligning planning parameters to support demand and inventory turn strategies
· Strong interpersonal skills and team orientation. Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships at all levels and functions of the organization and our suppliers.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills – especially as related to daily order management responsibilities and executing and reporting on objectives, projects and results.
· Ability adapt to rapidly changing business requirements.
· Project management skills; ability to lead project teams, manage cross-functional relationships and meet deadlines.
· Attention to detail and proven organizational skills.
· PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
· Oracle R12 or SAP ERP experience, lean principles and the ability to apply those principles.
· Develop knowledge of international logistics
· Supply chain experience. Experience working in an ISO 9001 registered business environment.
· Develop into a subject matter expert.
Job State or (Province):
The Siemon Company
101 Siemon Company Drive
Watertown, CT 06795