If you are interested in these or other exciting careers at The Siemon
Company, please submit a resume for immediate consideration.
NOTE: This does not respresent a complete list of all open positions.
If the position is open, qualified candidates will be contacted.
|Configure to Order (CTO) Business Analyst|
|PRODUCT DATABASE MANAGEMENT|
|The CTO Business Analyst is a specialized data management role focused on the development, administration & governance of configurable product models & data sets containing many features & options. In this role the CTO Business Analyst is the process expert & a project manager with responsibilities that cover data set requirements planning & modeling, data collection, system testing, implementation, & maintenance, process & business rules governance, training of users & data / rule owners. This CTO role will be the lead data management resource in support of a CTO system development team / project and they will coordinate ongoing CTO data management activities of the new system.· |
Project plan data set requirements, data modeling, data collection, & system implementation
· Facilitate communication between data set Champion, data set SME, & Product Owner regarding configuration rules & data collection format/process
· Develops standard data collection flows, formats, & revision control practices
· Train – Users, Data Set SMEs, Data Set Owners
· Collaborates with IT on best approach to store and manage data and rules within a database and for best application design approach
· Assist with daily execution of configuration management processes
· Ongoing data, process, system troubleshooting & maintenance
· Generate & maintain CTO data, process, system documentation
· Create tools to manage configuration processes and report trends and issues
· Communicate with stakeholders, including product management, engineering, operations, & order management
· Align CTO Data / Rules with ERP Data
· Develop interface / tools for efficient data maintenance (adds/changes) by PDM or data owners without requiring IT intervention
· Conduct CTO output audits at product launch, at product or rule revision, & as inquiries surface
· Gate keep standard practices and ensure change is properly approved, communicated, managed, and implemented
· Other Product Data Management department support activities as assigned
|· 4-yr technology or information systems degree preferred; or general BA degree or minimum 2-year Tech or IS with equivalent experience to meet preferred qualifications|
· Ability to work independently or under only general direction
· Must have an extreme attention to detail & accuracy and have a high commitment to quality standards
· Previous product configuration data management training or experience is an advantage
· Experience working within a product development and manufacturing environment, operating within a multi-site, multi-country global supply chain is an advantage
· Understand basic business processes in Product Management, Design Engineering, Process Engineering, Production Scheduling & Processing, Material Planning, Purchasing, Distribution & Supply Chain Planning, Cost Management, Customer Service, Finance, Reporting, and Product Information Management.
· Possess strong English communication skills; both spoken and written.
· Experience working with ERP systems is an advantage (Oracle or other tier 1 ERP is preferred)
· Database report writing skills
· Ability to effectively communicate, plan, & execute mass data management requirements with IT support representatives as required
· Capable to read & understand product specification documentation from Design Engineering, Process Engineering, Customers & Suppliers and interpret the information for use in planning systems configurations
· Excellent P.C. skills, including Oracle, Excel, Word, Power Point.
· Advanced Excel skills for use in mass data manipulation. - well beyond the general spreadsheet use of average business users
Job State or (Province):
The Siemon Company
101 Siemon Company Drive
Watertown, CT 06795